In this photo taken in July 2021, tourists tourists savor the refreshing scenery at Burnham Park in Baguio City. (NEIL CLARK ONGCHANGCO)
MANILA, Philippines — There is a "severe outbreak" of COVID-19 infections in Baguio City and Iloilo City, while Metro Manila was downgraded to "very high risk" classification, a fellow of the independent analytics group OCTA Research said on Sunday.
Citing data from the Department of Health (DOH), OCTA Research fellow Guido David said Iloilo City, Cebu City, and Lapu-Lapu had "new highs" in COVID-19 cases.
"Cebu City, Iloilo City and Lapu Lapu had new highs in cases reported by DOH on Jan 22. This moved Iloilo City to severe outbreak classification (with Baguio)," David posted on Twitter.
Cebu City, Iloilo City and Lapu Lapu had new highs in cases reported by DOH on Jan 22. This moved Iloilo City to severe outbreak classification (with Baguio). NCR downgraded from severe outbreak to very high risk. @dzbb @DZAR1026 @allangatus @ali_sotto @dzrhnews @News5PH @NewsRmn pic.twitter.com/UL80WpG4R0
— Dr. Guido David (@iamguidodavid) January 23, 2022
Cebu City and Lapu Lapu City are under "very high risk" classification.
From January 16 to 22, Baguio City had an average daily attack rate (ADAR) of 152.39 while Iloilo had 82.38.
ADAR refers to the average number of new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 individuals.
Meanwhile, Baguio City and Iloilo City have a one-week COVID-19 growth rate 102 percent and 190 percent, respectively.
Baguio City logged a reproduction number of 2.81 while Iloilo City has 3.51 as of January 19, David pointed out.
The reproduction number is the average number of individuals being infected by a one positive case. Ideal reproduction number must be less than one to indicate lesser COVID-19 transmission, according to health experts.
New COVID-19 infections in Baguio and Iloilo City stood at 435 and 577, respectively.
Metro Manila, on the other hand, deescalated from " severe outbreak" classification to "very high risk," David said.
Metro Manila listed 6,646 new COVID-19 infections on January 22.
The capital region's one-week growth rate and ADAR are -42 percent and 72.05, respectively. Its reproduction number is at 1.20.
On Saturday, the country recorded 30,552 new COVID-19 cases , driving the overall case count to 3,387,524.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
- Despair and delight of UK's Covid exam generation: From the young carer robbed of a university place to twins who scored identical A*s and are now off to Oxford
- German infections rise; new Covid-19 cases of reactivations
- Delhi to double tests as Covid spike continues
- Texas Sees Highest Single Day Jump in Coronavirus Cases Since Outbreak Began Within Two Days of Reopening
- Seven girlfriends who played 'Name that Tune' with 90 other people at Ohio winery event are among 71 guests to test positive for COVID-19 - as experts warn summer parties are fueling rapid spread in rural areas
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 18
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 19
- Britons will accept home schooling, local lockdowns and bans on live audiences if a coronavirus vaccine can't be found, survey finds
- Half the world in lockdown: 3.9 billion people are currently called on to stay in their homes due to coronavirus
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 25
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 26
- ‘Who are we willing to sacrifice?’: teachers’ fears grow as US schools plan reopenings
- We can make air travel safer with a TSA Public Health Corps staff
- Arizona unveils reopening plan for bars, gyms, water parks
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 26
- Damning Ruby Princess inquiry pinpoints the 'inexcusable' and 'inexplicable' errors that left more than 20 dead and led to explosion of cases in Australia
- The Latest: South Africa loosens coronavirus restrictions
- The Latest: Germany's Merkel against relaxing of virus rules
- The new Black Monday: Coronavirus chaos sees FTSE 100 close 7.7% down at 5966 points - its lowest in four years after £125 billion is wiped off shares in biggest daily drop since 2008 crash
- Coronavirus live updates: Air regulators issue health advisory due to wildfire smoke
‘Severe COVID outbreak’ in Baguio, Iloilo City; Metro Manila risk classification downgraded — OCTA have 693 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at January 23, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.