Orient Electric on Thursday reported 26.7 per cent decline in net profit at Rs 38.08 crore for the third quarter ended December 2021 as margins continued to be impacted due to rise in commodity prices. The CK Birla Group firm posted a net profit of Rs 51.94 crore in October-December 2020-21, Orient Electric Ltd (OEL) said in a regulatory filing.
However, revenue from operations was up 9.7 per cent to Rs 678.35 crore during the period under review as against Rs 618.34 crore in the year-ago quarter. The relentless increase in commodity prices during the year has been impacting all players within the industry. With a YoY growth in Cost of Goods by 15.2 per cent in Q3 FY22, OEL was no exception. Higher commodity prices have been keeping margins under pressure since Q1 FY22 and is expected to continue over the short term, said OEL in a post earning investor’s release.
Total expenses in the quarter were at Rs 628.31 crore, up 14.33 per cent fom Rs 549.58 crore in October-December 2020-21. Despite a higher corresponding base, which had surged on consumers acting out on their pent-up demand last year, OEL sustained a confident revenue momentum for Q3 FY22, growing by 9.7 per cent YoY, said OEL.
Its revenue from Electrical Consumer Durables segment was at Rs 481.30 crore as against Rs 460.45 crore. Lighting & Switchgear segment revenue was up 24.8 per cent to Rs 197.05 crore as against Rs 157.89 crore in the year-ago period.
Meanwhile, in a separate filing, OEL said its board in a meeting held on Thursday approved payment of interim dividend of 75 per cent, which is Rs 0.75 per equity share of the face value of Rs 1 each for 2021-22. Besides, the board has approved the reappointment of Rakesh Khanna as managing director of the company for a period of two years effective January 23, 2022.
The approval of the shareholders is sought to be taken through postal ballot process. He will continue to be Chief Executive Officer and thus, a Key Managerial Personnel, and designated as Managing Director & CEO of the company, it said. Shares of OEL settled flat at Rs 363.50 apiece.
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Q3 results: Reports net profit of Rs 59 crore
- Mindspace Business Parks REIT posts profit of Rs 140 crore in Q3 FY21
- Eicher Motors posts 7% increase in net profit to INR 533 crore in Q3
- Mrs Bectors Food Specialities Q3 results: PAT grows 86% to Rs 21 crore
- Bata India Q3 profit falls 78 pc to Rs 26.41 crore
- Indiabulls Housing Finance's net profit dips 40% to Rs 329 crore in Q3 FY21
- Asian Granito's profit jumps two folds to Rs 25 crore in Q3 FY21
- Raymond Q3 results: Net profit falls 89% to Rs 22 crore
- HeidelbergCement India's net profit falls 1.5% to Rs 64 crore in Q3 FY21
- Voltas Q3 results: Profit jumps 46% to Rs 129 crore
- Ruchi Soya Q3 results: Firm posts net profit of Rs 227 cr
- MRF Q3 net proft rises two-fold to Rs 521 crore
- AkzoNobel India's profit up 13% to Rs 87 crore in Q3 FY21
- Tata Comm Q2 results: Profit rises 7-fold to Rs 385 crore
- Mumbai: Rs 536 crore hydro & solar power project gets BMC’s nod
- PFC reports 17 per cent jump in net profit at Rs 3,963 cr in Dec quarter
- E-mobility startup eyes raising Rs 5 crore; Its sales double amid pandemic
- Bajaj Electricals, Mahindra Logistics sign Rs 1,000 crore contract
- GAIL Q3 profit rises 19 pc on uptick in petrochem margin
- Sobha's net profit dips 70% to Rs 22 crore in Q3 FY21
Orient Electric Q3 profit down 27% to Rs 38 crore have 562 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at January 20, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.