IPOH: A man was found dead in a Teluk Intan hotel room on Tuesday (Jan 25) after undergoing a cosmetic procedure to enlarge his back muscles with an injection.
Hilir Perak police chief ACP Ahmad Adnan Basri said the 31-year-old man had gone to the hotel with a friend at 9 am to receive an injection from a woman from Melaka at a cost of RM500.
“The deceased then wanted to rest in the room because of lethargy after the injection at about noon while the woman left the hotel to return to Melaka,” he said in a statement on Wednesday (Jan 26), adding that his friend kept him company.
ACP Ahmad Adnan said the man was found to have stopped breathing at about 3 pm, adding that his friend summoned the woman who returned to the hotel to find him motionless.
He added that police personnel rushed to the hotel as soon as they were informed of the incident and found the deceased lying on the bed shirted, clad in a towel and covered with a blanket.
ACP Ahmad Adnan said the man was declared dead by a health officer and the body was sent to the Teluk Intan Hospital Forensic Department for an autopsy.
He added that while the autopsy findings showed that the man’s cause of death is swollen lungs with fluid build-up, there has been no link found to the injection he received as yet.
ACP Ahmad Adnan also said that the case has been classified as a sudden death. – Bernama
- Tragedy of Hull man suddenly found dead at home after night out
- Weird ways men try to enlarge their penises
- The Love Island effect: Devon teens are injecting steroids
- Backpackers slammed for 'playing' with deadly venomous octopus
- Brave toddler came back from the dead
- Coroner can't determine why Kiwi found dead in Samoan prison
- How to save lives from deadly nerve agents
- How the threat of deadly nerve agents can be neutralised
- Meet Leo Molloy, the angriest man in the Viaduct
- West Ham 0-5 Man City report
- Eastbourne man, 29, in ‘tragic’ overdose death
- Dead Bond actor 'targeted on Grindr'
- Tennessee executes man for 1986 killings
- Are the Dead Ringers audience told to laugh?
- Student found dead under bridge had undiagnosed heart condition
- Vincent Lambert: the man at centre of French right-to-die case
- Warning to take care following death of 21-year-old man
- Lyme disease warning after man's fishing trip ends in disaster
- Man bitten 17 times by ticks contracts 'awful' Lyme disease
- Man's warning after contracting Lyme disease
Man found dead after injection to enlarge back muscles have 399 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.