JOHOR BARU: Johor MCA is expected to hold a meeting on Sunday (Jan 23) to discuss the upcoming state election.
Pontian MCA division chief Datuk Tee Siew Kiong said party president Datuk Seri Dr Wee Ka Siong, who is also the Johor MCA liaison committee chief, would be chairing the meeting.
It is understood that the meeting would be held online.
"I believe the state election-related matters such as seats and possible candidates will be discussed in the meeting," he said after launching the Johor Jaya Chinese New Year carnival at Taman Johor Jaya here on Saturday (Jan 22) night.
When asked whether he would be fielded at his previous Pulai Sebatang state seat in the snap polls, Tee said it was up to the party and Barisan Nasional's top leadership to decide.
"Whatever it is, my team and I have been serving the rakyat all this while. If I am fielded as a candidate once again, I will oblige,” said Tee.
"I am sure that after a few changes (in regime) in the past, the people are able to make a good comparison and judgement of the leaders who can walk the talk and those who cannot," he added.
Parti Amanah Negara's Taqiuddin Cheman won the Pulai Sebatang seat in the 14th General Election in 2018 with a majority of 3,395 votes
On Saturday (Jan 22), now-caretaker Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Hasni Mohammad said the 56-seat State Assembly was officially dissolved following his audience with Johor Ruler Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar at Istana Bukit Serene here at around 5pm.
Hasni said this was because the government could no longer function on the goodwill of the Opposition.
In the 14th General Election, Umno contested 35 state seats, MCA took on 15 seats while MIC had four and Gerakan had two.
- Meetings planned to discuss cancer in 4 New York areas
- BJP election committee holds meeting to finalise Haryana, Maharashtra candidates
- Simultaneous parliament and state polls: Four parties support, ten oppose
- Simultaneous polls not feasible: Puducherry CM
- 2020 Vision: Impeachment is gaining in the polls — and so is Warren
- A Preview of the Fed Meeting
- White House hopeful Harris revs up Iowa ground game as poll numbers slide
- Greenbrier cleans up public notice, record keeping for planning meetings
- Puducherry CM V Narayanasamy says not feasible to hold simultaneous polls to Lok Sabha and state assemblies
- One nation, one poll: TRS, Samajwadi party back concept, DMK, AAP oppose
- Four Parties Support Simultaneous Polls, Nine Oppose it; BJP and Congress Stay Silent
- WB Congress torn between opposing views ahead of Rahul meet
- KCR wants early polls to survive Narendra Modi wave: Ram Madhav
- Simultaneous polls unwarranted, practically not possible: DMK
- Elections board takes less than a minute to reject proposal to close 7 of 9 polling places in majority-black county
- Why a one-nation-one poll is not acceptable to V Narayanaswamy
- Monmouth Poll: Trump sees uptick in approval rating
- First to Back Simultaneous Polls, TDP Now Calls it ‘Political Shark’ BJP’s Game Plan
- CNN Poll: Negative outlook dominates views of Congress, government
- Shah, Nitish to hold ‘chai pe charcha’ next week
Johor MCA to hold meeting to plan for state polls have 500 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at January 23, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.