Jakarta ● Thu, January 20, 2022
Indonesia condemned on Thursday Israel's eviction of a Palestinian family from their home in Jerusalem, the latest in a string of aggressions against Palestinians living in Israeli-occupied territory.
Tensions in the neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah in east Jerusalem came to a head on Wednesday after occupying forces demolished a family home and detained at least 18 people resisting forceful eviction. A similar event had helped fuel an 11-day war between Israel and armed Palestinian factions last year.
Israeli police officers went to the home of the Salhiya family, who were first served with an eviction notice in 2017, after courts ruled the house had been built illegally.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Arab League condemns Israel for closing Palestinian TV office in East Jerusalem
- Indonesia condemns abuse of its fishermen on Chinese boats
- Despite virus, Pompeo talks West Bank annexation in Israel
- Joe Biden Promises to Restore Funds to Palestinians that Were Cut Because of Terror
- Palestinians fear outbreak in Jerusalem’s ‘no man’s land’
- EU 'to rally against Israel's West Bank annexation proposal'
- Palestinians say Israel targeting prisoners’ bank accounts
- Jordan warns Israel of ‘massive conflict’ over annexation
- Israel Remains Focused on Iran Terror Threat Despite Coronavirus
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo lands in Israel for annexation talks
- Biden Under Fire from Jewish Groups for Palestinian Aid Plans as Anti-War Activists Press for Cuts to Israeli Military
- Despite virus, Pompeo in Israel to talk West Bank annexation
- Pompeo travels to Israel amid coronavirus outbreak
- Military: Palestinian Rock-thrower Kills Israeli Soldier in West Bank
- Mike Pompeo to break travel hiatus for hours-long visit to Israel
- John Kerry works hard to broker an Israeli-Palestinian deal in the shadow of Sharon
- Rabbi Yaakov Menken: Joe Biden Wants to Fund ‘Murder-for-Hire’ Palestinian Terrorism
- Amid pandemic, Pompeo to visit Israel for annexation talks
- Pompeo Urges Israel to Go Slow on West Bank Annexation
- Oldest Gazan Refugee: Creation of Israel Deprived us of Property But Didn't Kill Hopes for Comeback
Indonesia condemns Israel’s forced eviction of Palestinians in East Jerusalem have 368 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at January 20, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.