Jakarta ● Wed, January 19, 2022
Sometimes the best time to start a new beginning, is at the end.
That was the case with birth of the Gender and Democracy Center (GDC) of the Institute for Research, Education and Information on Economy and Social Affairs (LP3ES), launched on Dec. 28 last year.
Didik Rachbini, the chairman of the executive board of LP3ES, had asked me to set up the GDC in August, on its 50th anniversary, after I had criticized it for its lack of gender balance and perspective (See "50 years LP3ES, 76 years Indonesia: Quo vadis?" The Jakarta Post , Aug. 18, 2021).
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Poor mining oversight
- Russia’s feminist Eurovision singer sparks conservative backlash
- Guys, interrupted: Indonesian trans men set their sights on more visibility
You might also like :
- US Soccer's equal pay deal is just one battle in football's gender equality war
- Play Out Apparel Creates A Community For LBGTQ+ To Express Themselves Through Gender-Equal Clothing
- The Role Of STEM Education In Achieving Gender Equality
- Optimizing Indonesia’s G20 presidency to boost the MSME sector’s growth
- Over 300 New Arrivals: Boat Migrants Continue to Illegally Cross Channel
- Female Channel migrants and their children will be sent to Rwanda too – in the name of equality
- Scottish pupils could be told to wear gender-neutral school uniforms
- Explained: US Soccer’s equal pay play and what it means
- USWNT to receive equal pay in landmark agreement with U.S. Soccer
- Boris Johnson puts Navy in charge of Channel as he vows no migrant boat will go 'undetected'
- How To Close The Venture Capital Gender Gap Faster
- U.S. soccer has equal gender pay. Will other sports follow?
- US women's team has history of advocating for equal rights
- EXPLAINER: US Soccer's equal pay play and what it means
- Does Korea's Gender Pay Gap Reflect Discrimination?
- How Rochelle, Tonton and Dianne blur gender roles in family chores
- Alexa von Tobel And Penny Pritzker Raised $200 Million For Their Venture Firm Inspired Capital
- EU-funded program promotes women’s economic empowerment in Vietnam
- Woman in the board room – Is it mission accomplished? not yet
- Gen Z are deluded if they think they can reclaim ‘bimbo’ as a compliment
Gender equality in Indonesia: The tide that raises all boats have 423 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at January 19, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.