Hong Kong ● Tue, January 18 2022
Investors started the week on a broadly positive note on Monday but uncertainty remained ahead of an expected series of interest rate hikes by the United States Federal Reserve, while data showed growth in China’s economy slowed at the end of last year.
While the fast-spreading Omicron COVID-19 variant continues to cast a shadow across trading floors, the focus is on the US central bank’s plans to tighten monetary policy to fight surging inflation.
Fed officials were out in force last week flagging the merits of raising borrowing costs as soon as March, though boss Jerome Powell said they would be careful to ensure they do not knock the recovery in the world’s top economy off course.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Markets may be underpricing major risks from Fed, G-20 meeting
- Investors positioning for fall in markets: BofAML survey
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia shares numbed by trade noise, oil takes a spill
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia shares trapped in a trade maze, oil nurses losses
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia shares lost in trade labyrinth, bonds get the benefit
- What changed for the market while you were sleeping? 12 things to know
- US Fed likely to consider 50 bps move if and when it cuts
- Mutual funds add 13.2 lakh folios in September; equity funds lead, debt funds hit
- SIPs withstand volatile markets: MF industry adds Rs 7,727 crore to SIP kitty in September
- Fed not staying ‘patient’ to boost valuations in India
- View: Fed shows world cannot handle a stronger US economy
- Can the Fed slowly deflate the credit bubble?
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia shares hauled higher as China trims key repo rate
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Shares grind towards record high as China trims key rate
- Indian trading on London Stock Exchange registers hike
- Wall Street sinks to 14-month low, Nasdaq briefly enters bear market
- Investor wealth plummets Rs 2.72 lakh crore in two days of market fall
- U.S. labor market, manufacturing data point to slowing economy
- HDFC Mutual Fund hikes stake in TV Today Network by 2.14%
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia shares in waiting mode ahead of Fed, ECB events
Equity markets mostly up as Fed hikes loom have 381 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at January 18, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.