Experiencing self-doubt helps you become a better actor, according to Enchong Dee.
"You have two ways to make use of it: One is to allow self-doubt to guide your life decisions. If you keep thinking, 'I'm not enough; I'm not worthy,' then at some point you will not be able to go on anymore."
The 33-year-old added: "The other way is for you to use that self-doubt to better yourself. I'm thankful that I have people around me who constantly hold me during times when I feel too weak, when I feel I lack enough strength to go on.
"What being in this business for 15 years has taught me is that I can't keep showing people that I'm happy, that I'm always feeling positive. It's because I also experience low moments," said Enchong, who recently took a leave of absence from show biz work.
"What I'm doing now is helping myself to recharge, to recover. I need it. I also need to make a decision everyday to keep on going," said the actor, who has since returned to Naga City, his hometown.
—Marinel Cruz INQ
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
- Beautiful, talented and famous, yet these three stars say they each had to conquer self-doubt
- Ella Purnell: Why I’m using my self-harm ordeal to help others
- Derry special effects expert scoops top prize at prestigious make-up awards
- Northern Ireland special effects expert scoops top prize at prestigious make-up awards
- Dee-Ann Kentish-Rogers wanted to be in Team GB — but finds being the first black Miss GB much better
- Self-Employed Owed Tens Of Thousands For Completed Work, Report Reveals
- River Dee swimmers and boaters can now check sewage levels
- Vladimir Putin must be delighted with his useful idiots in the West
- Kirsty Gunn: Great art makes people wonder ‘What was all that about?’
- Russia 2018, Group G: Belgium has exceptional talent but so many doubts
- Brexit: how to make a TV drama out of a crisis
- Bath University professors told to stop saying ‘as you know’ in case it makes students ‘feel inadequate’
- Are You Neglecting Yourself? Parents Share The Little Ways They Practise Self-Care
- The gender pay gap isn't just about big business – self-employed women are also at a financial disadvantage
- When will driverless cars arrive in the UK, are they safe and when did a self-driving Uber vehicle kill a pedestrian?
- Self-boarding is here
- Fashion brand uses models that have self-harm scars… but critics fear it could ‘normalise cutting’
- Bath Uni tells staff not to use three words
- Lifetime ISA should be scrapped and self-employed should get pension auto-enrollment, MPs say
- Uber self-driving car ‘saw pedestrian but did not brake before fatal crash’
Enchong Dee on how to make use of self-doubt have 458 words, post on entertainment.inquirer.net at January 25, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.