KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 25): Graphic designer and activist Fahmi Reza was called to Bukit Aman on Tuesday to assist in investigations in connection with a social media post that allegedly depicted an edited image of the Pahang Coat of Arms with the words "House of Balak".
Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Director Datuk Seri Abdul Jalil Hassan, in a statement on Tuesday night, said the activist was called to have his statement recorded at the Classified Criminal Investigation Unit, Prosecution/Legal Division of the CID.
"Police are conducting investigation in connection with the posting that was uploaded on Jan 3.
"Investigation is being carried out according to Section 4(1) of the Sedition Act 1948 for acts with seditious tendency and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 for improper use of network facilities or services," he said.
He also advised the public to be smart and prudent social media users and not use it to spread any information that could cause public anxiety and threaten national harmony.
He added that stern action would be taken against individuals who deliberately threatened public order and safety.
- Atlanta cop who shot Rayshard Brooks had been reported TWELVE TIMES for misconduct - including once for excessive use of force with a gun
- Graft case: Suspended cop Jaswinder Kaur files anticipatory bail plea, says she was framed
- Vanitha Vijaykumar’s Statement Recorded By Vadapalani Police On Her Complaint Against Surya Devi
- Vanitha Vijaykumar’s Statement Recorded By Vadapalani Police Regarding Complaint Against Surya Devi
- Videos: US Cops Placed on ‘Administrative Duties’ Following Assault of Aussie Journalists
- Coronavirus: Anthony Fauci undermined by Donald Trump’s White House
- White House press secretary: 'Science should not stand in the way' of reopening schools
- 'Cut me wherever you want, or I will': Court is played terrifying recording of Johnny Depp begging Amber Heard to slice him with a knife
- Fauci spat illustrates what some fear is a directionless White House
- A Texas officer runs into a burning house and saves an 8-year-old boy
- Temple University student accused of attempted rape at fraternity house
- Women are being killed in Mexico at record rates, but the president says most emergency calls are 'false'
- New footage reveals moment Breonna Taylor's boyfriend is taken into custody in tears by dozens of Louisville cops with their guns drawn just moments after they shot the EMT dead in no-knock warrant raid
- If you see the cops, start recording
- Fake cop nabbed trying to flee on Nashik highway
- 'American student on trial for stabbing murder of newlywed cop he 'mistook for a drug dealer' during bungled cocaine deal in Rome claims he's been kicked, punched and spat at by police at the precinct
- Father, 29, and his girlfriend, 33, are arrested after remains of his three-year-old daughter are found in wooded area as cops say they were given 'several stories' about her disappearance and 'none of them made sense'
- The Disturbing Ties Between Philly Cops and Far-Right Proud Boys
- Michael Barrymore swimming pool death – what happened and where is the Essex house?
- What is Blackout Tuesday and why are people posting a black square on Instagram?
Cops record statement from Fahmi Reza over 'House of Balak' post have 504 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.