KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 17): Bursa Malaysia ended Monday’s (Jan 17) morning trading session lower amidst the bearish sentiment in the local market, dealers said.
At 12.30pm, the benchmark FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI (FBM KLCI) declined 11.06 points to 1,544.27 from Friday’s closing of 1,555.33.
The index, which opened 1.53 points lower at 1,553.8, moved between 1,542.63 and 1,555.31 throughout the session.
On the broader market, decliners surpassed gainers 499 to 270, while 393 counters were unchanged, 1,090 untraded and 20 others suspended.
Turnover stood at 1.36 billion units valued at RM941.97 million.
In a research note on Monday, Rakuten Trade expects the market undertone to remain cautious and the key index to trend within the 1,550-1,560 range on Monday.
“As the United States 10-year bond yield is heading towards 1.8% again, we reckon that the market volatility within the region would heighten,” it added.
At midday, Bursa heavyweights Public Bank Bhd added one sen to RM4.21, Tenaga Nasional Bhd was flat at RM9.04, Malayan Banking Bhd declined six sen to RM8.40, Petronas Chemicals Group Bhd shed 11 sen to RM8.98, IHH Healthcare Bhd eased one sen to RM6.57 and CIMB Group Holdings Bhd fell three sen to RM5.51.
Of the actives, Kanger International Bhd edged up half-a-sen to 2.5 sen, Iconic Worldwide Bhd rose 1.5 sen to 29.5 sen, Widad Group Bhd and MQ Technology Bhd were flat at 37.5 sen and eight sen, respectively, while SMTrack Bhd shed 2.5 sen to 26.5 sen and AirAsia Group Bhd went down two sen to 60 sen.
On the index board, the FBM Emas Index was 59.81 points weaker at 11,118.71, the FBM Emas Shariah Index decreased 71.01 points to 11,809.8, the FBMT 100 Index dipped 61.37 points to 10,824.28, the FBM ACE trimmed 14 points to 6,265.63, and the FBM 70 went down 8.17 points to 13,844.4.
Sector-wise, the Financial Services Index contracted 81.52 points to 16,070.56, the Industrial Products and Services Index slid 1.2 points to 201.76, while the Plantation Index lost 107.59 points to 6,653.96.
- Malaysia’s Cabinet lifts ban on political activities in universities
- Morning Digest: TN Governor can decide on Perarivalan release, says CBI; top AIADMK leaders say alliance with BJP to continue for 2021 elections, and more
- Trump tweets about election results and skips session on pandemic during G20
- Donald Trump launches morning tweet storm claiming again that he 'won the election' despite his lawyers abandoning key demand in bid to overturn Joe Biden's victory
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by The Air Line Pilots Association - Pence lauds Harris as 'experienced debater'; Trump, Biden diverge over debate prep
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by Facebook - Washington on edge amid SCOTUS vacancy
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by UAE - US records 1 million COVID-19 cases in a week; governors crack down
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by UAE - Vaccine breakthrough spurs markets; McConnell warns Trump on Afghanistan
- National Assembly's year-end meeting opens in Hà Nội
- A morning walk down Dalal Street | Market teeming with positive sentiment, but consolidation likely in coming sessions
- Rebekah Vardy flashes a smile as she hugs DOI partner Andy Buchanan after intense training session amid claims she could face Coleen Rooney in court NEXT WEEK amid £1M legal case
- A morning walk down Dalal Street | Consolidation may continue; Nifty must top 11,695 for further upside
- A morning walk down Dalal Street | Market may see volatility due to F&O expiry; Nifty has support at 11,382
- A morning walk down Dalal Street | Technical indicators show Nifty may move up towards 11,600-11,700
- My famous UFO ordeal has baffled investigators for 40 years – but I’ll believe the horrors I witnessed until the end
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by the UAE Embassy in Washington, DC - Dems push McConnell on COVID-19 relief; Grassley contracts COVID-19
- Bob Dylan’s Secret Recording Session With George Harrison and Friends
- Shares gain for four consecutive sessions
- A morning walk down Dalal Street| Nifty likely to remain range-bound below 11,100; macro data eyed
- A morning walk down Dalal Street | Selling pressure could accelerate if Nifty slips below 10,850
Bursa Malaysia ends morning session weaker have 628 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at January 17, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.