KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 17): Bursa Malaysia ended Monday’s (Jan 17) morning trading session lower amidst the bearish sentiment in the local market, dealers said.
At 12.30pm, the benchmark FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI (FBM KLCI) declined 11.06 points to 1,544.27 from Friday’s closing of 1,555.33.
The index, which opened 1.53 points lower at 1,553.8, moved between 1,542.63 and 1,555.31 throughout the session.
On the broader market, decliners surpassed gainers 499 to 270, while 393 counters were unchanged, 1,090 untraded and 20 others suspended.
Turnover stood at 1.36 billion units valued at RM941.97 million.
In a research note on Monday, Rakuten Trade expects the market undertone to remain cautious and the key index to trend within the 1,550-1,560 range on Monday.
“As the United States 10-year bond yield is heading towards 1.8% again, we reckon that the market volatility within the region would heighten,” it added.
At midday, Bursa heavyweights Public Bank Bhd added one sen to RM4.21, Tenaga Nasional Bhd was flat at RM9.04, Malayan Banking Bhd declined six sen to RM8.40, Petronas Chemicals Group Bhd shed 11 sen to RM8.98, IHH Healthcare Bhd eased one sen to RM6.57 and CIMB Group Holdings Bhd fell three sen to RM5.51.
Of the actives, Kanger International Bhd edged up half-a-sen to 2.5 sen, Iconic Worldwide Bhd rose 1.5 sen to 29.5 sen, Widad Group Bhd and MQ Technology Bhd were flat at 37.5 sen and eight sen, respectively, while SMTrack Bhd shed 2.5 sen to 26.5 sen and AirAsia Group Bhd went down two sen to 60 sen.
On the index board, the FBM Emas Index was 59.81 points weaker at 11,118.71, the FBM Emas Shariah Index decreased 71.01 points to 11,809.8, the FBMT 100 Index dipped 61.37 points to 10,824.28, the FBM ACE trimmed 14 points to 6,265.63, and the FBM 70 went down 8.17 points to 13,844.4.
Sector-wise, the Financial Services Index contracted 81.52 points to 16,070.56, the Industrial Products and Services Index slid 1.2 points to 201.76, while the Plantation Index lost 107.59 points to 6,653.96.
- How the Forex Market Sessions Work?
- The Best Way to Burn Fat Off - Morning Cardio Training
- The Morning Drive
- The End of American Hegemony
- Stop Dog Digging - What You Need to Know to End This Dog Behavior Problem
- 3 Simple Steps to Put an End to Worry
- Pulau Pangkor - Great Holiday Destination and Animal Kingdom
- Sleeping Holds the Key to Improving Your Memory
- Make Fitness a Part of Your Daily Routine
- How Much Time to Spend Forex Trading?
- Amazing Engagement Photo Locations in Southern California
- Profitable ETF Trading Strategies - Trading During Different Times of the Day
- Transitioning From Part-Time to Full-Time Daytrading - Ensuring Sufficient Income
- Golf Vacation At Myrtle Beach - 2 Great Options
- Enjoy Profit Taking As Quickly As Possible by Day Trading:
- The Real Estate Sector
- How to Practice
- Your Keys to Rock-Solid Ankle Stability, Explosive Sports Performance and Incredible Balance!
- Taking the 'Boring' Out of Stretching
- Teaching Your Parrot to Talk
Bursa Malaysia ends morning session weaker have 441 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at January 17, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.