IPOH (Jan 16): Police will probe the claim by Pasir Bedamar assemblyman Terence Naidu that his drink was meddled with before his arrest for allegedly testing positive for drugs at an entertainment outlet in Penang on Thursday (Jan 13), said Narcotics Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Director Datuk Ayob Khan Mydin Pitchay (pictured).
He said a full investigation would be carried out before the investigation paper (IP) was submitted to the Public Prosecutor.
"We have sent a sample (urine) for analysis to get a complete report. The individual (Terence Naidu) has also lodged a police report alleging someone had put something in his drink. That also we will investigate.
"Anyone can make a claim or lodge a police report. We will investigate thoroughly before the IP is completed and sent to the Public Prosecutor for further action," he said.
He said this at a press conference related to the recent success of Bukit Aman NCID in seizing drugs worth RM111.2 million in Batu Gajah near here, at the Perak Police Headquarters (IPK) here on Sunday (Jan 16). Also present was Perak Police chief Datuk Mior Faridalathrash Wahid.
Ayob Khan said investigations were also being carried out on two policemen who were also arrested in the raid at the karaoke centre on Thursday.
On Saturday, Terence had come out with a statement defending himself over his arrest in Penang for having allegedly tested positive for drugs.
He said his drink had been meddled with after he had gone to the toilet at the karaoke parlour and had subsequently lodged a police report to defend his claim upon being released from detention.
- Student leader death: Bengal sets up SIT, family firm on CBI probe demand
- Health inspectors accused of 'maliciously' meddling in independent audit of catering company
- Maharashtra Govt Suspects Foul Play In Death Of NCB Witness In Aryan Khan Case, Orders Probe
- Film stars, cricketer get notices in QNet probe
- Businesswoman, 29, caught drink-driving blames 'separation anxiety' of leaving baby son
- Police have not told Boris Johnson he will be fined over 'partygate', says No 10
- Imran Khan: Tory press office failed to deal with allegations MP sexually assaulted teenage boy, court hears
- West Bengal: Family of dead student leader seeks answers, says ‘no faith in police’
- Stepmum REFUSES to leave cell as she’s jailed for life for killing Arthur Labinjo-Hughes as PM calls for probe into case
- Police File Complaint After Triple Talaq Crusader Nida Khan Alleges Being 'Heckled' By Relatives 'To Quit BJP'
- Conor McGregor's £2m pub petrol-bombed in targeted attack as police launch urgent probe
- Glam business mum tried to dodge drink driving ban with bizarre claim about baby son
- Mum-of-two, 29, caught drink-driving tries to avoid ban by claiming she had ‘separation anxiety’ from her baby son
- UK police to issue 20 initial 'Partygate' fines
- SFI resurgence in Bengal student politics kindles CPM revival hope
- The death of a Bengal student activist and its political ripples
- Teenager's Custodial Death Sparks Mob Attack in Bengal, BJP Calls 12-hour Bandh
- Another Vyapam death: Scribe covering scam takes ill, dies
- Drugs case: NCB records Ananya Panday's statement, may call her again on Friday
- Does this CCTV show final steps of Russian spy and daughter before they collapsed after 'being poisoned'?
Ayob Khan: Police will probe Terence's claim drink meddled with have 521 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at January 16, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.