He was an architect, a designer, a DJ and a fashion designer. In just 10 years, Virgil Abloh — who died Nov 28 – left his mark on an entire generation.
As well as being acclaimed by the public, the designer was no less respected by the profession, which today mourns not only his creative and visionary genius, but also – and above all – the generous and inspiring man who contributed hugely to reinventing and democratizing luxury fashion.
Models, designers and major fashion houses have all paid tribute to the multitalented designer.
Many in the fashion industry took to social media to share their reactions to news of Abloh’s death from a rare and aggressive cancer, as they were left reeling by this sad news that nobody expected.
The designer, who had been battling the disease privately for two years, according to a joint statement from Louis Vuitton, LVMH and Off-White, never let anything filter through beyond his closest sphere, accentuating the void left by this sudden and brutal loss.
Time to reflect, time to remember
It is an entire industry that is in mourning today, including models who worked closely with the fashion designer. Bella and Gigi Hadid both paid tribute to Abloh, sharing emotional messages.
“You broke boundaries and made everything your own. You shared your love infinitely…. We’re gonna miss you a lot V. You really saw me and supported me on every level. As you did to so many of us. An ethereal light…. I’m devastated,” the former confided in a long message posted on Instagram.
“I am heartbroken by the loss of my dear friend, and a friend to the world, Virgil Abloh. He was 1 of 1. His kindness and energetic generosity left a lasting impression on every life he touched – he made everyone feel seen and special. He will be deeply missed, cherished, and celebrated…,” said the latter.
Article type: meteredUser Type: anonymous webUser Status:Campaign ID: 46Cxense type: freeUser access status: 3Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
Report it to us.
This field is mandatoryThis field is mandatoryPlease enter valid email.
Invalid captcha response. Please re-try again.
Thank you for your report!
- Holly Willoughby pays tribute to WWII vet Colonel Tom Moore with a stunning poppy-patterned dress as he raises £30 million for the NHS on his 100th birthday
- Actor Rishi Kapoor Dead at 67: Priyanka Chopra and More Stars Pay Tribute
- Noted playwright-actor Girish Karnad passes away; PM Modi, President Kovind, Kamal Haasan pay tribute
- Good Morning Britain’s Susanna Reid and Dr Hilary Jones pay tribute to Lynn Faulds Wood after she dies from a stroke
- Donatella Versace and Adwoa Aboah honoured at UK's Fashion Awards
- Kim Kardashian West, Hailey Bieber and Diane von Furstenberg Team for Virtual Fashion Show to Aid COVID-19 Relief
- Carine Roitfeld and CR Runway to Host Virtual Fashion Show with Kim Kardashian and More
- Baring it all in her quarantine suit! Bella Hadid poses nude for a stunning new fashion campaign that was shot in mom Yolanda's home over FaceTime
- 100 Hours 100 Stars: Veteran fashion designer Tarun Tahiliani talks about life during coronavirus lockdown
- Damien Hirst creates his own rainbow art featuring his trademark butterfly designs as Sir Quentin Blake launches range of free rainbow e-cards to help people connect with loved ones during coronavirus lockdown
- Stunning light display as 150 illuminated drones form hearts, rainbows and American flags in tribute to frontline medical workers fighting coronavirus in Philadelphia
- Behind closed doors: fashion insiders reveal their beauty cabinets
- Kim Kardashian appears in teaser for Carine Roitfeld's star-studded amfAR virtual fashion show for COVID-19
- 'I think she was the love of his life': L'Wren Scott's brother pays moving tribute to the designer and her former partner Mick Jagger six years after she took her own life
- World's top coronavirus experts face fame, scorn amid pandemic
- The world is paying a high price for cheap clothes
- Unrepentant Spice: Furious Victoria Beckham thinks SHE'S the victim after backlash over her use of taxpayer cash to pay furloughed staff (despite family's £335m fortune)
- 100 Hours 100 Stars: Fashion photographer Dabboo Ratnani on life during lockdown
- RIP Rishi Kapoor: Designers Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Manish Malhotra pay their final respects to the legendary actor
- Inside Arsenal pay cut rebel Mesut Ozil’s £10m London mansion complete with personalised doors and £800k car collection
The fashion world pays tribute to multitalented designer Virgil Abloh have 841 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.