KUALA LUMPUR (Dec 2): The Home Ministry (KDN) is working to facilitate the process of employers hiring foreign workers through the Immigration Department Workforce Recalibration programme, said its minister Datuk Seri Hamzah Zainuddin on Thursday night.
He said the matter was brought to the Cabinet to request that the Immigration Department be given the authority to approve 70% of the total applications by the employers and full approval is only given after receiving confirmation from the Human Resource Ministry (MOHR)
"Previously, the employers need to obtain approval from MOHR and due to many applications, it had caused delays," he said during an interview on the Ruang Bicara programme discussing KDN's Malaysian Family Aspirations on Bernama TV tonight.
In the meantime, Hamzah said the improvement of the e-visa programme to 35 countries compared with 10 countries previously, had received good feedback from foreign chambers of commerce.
He added that with the system, expatriates from the countries involved could get an immigration sticker upon landing compared to 30 days previously.
Meanwhile, when met after the talk show, Hamzah said the Home Ministry would focus more on improving border control by using high-tech assets after the key performance indicators (KPIs) for the first 100 days of the Home Ministry were achieved.
He added this was to address issues such as the entry of illegal immigrants, human trafficking and trafficking of drugs or goods to evade taxes.
"This is a long-term and comprehensive plan by the Ministry," he said.
- H-1B: Uber snatches up more foreign-worker visas as it lays off hundreds of employees
- Blue-Collar American Workers Enjoy Highest Wage Growth in Trump Economy
- Worker's Compensation Can Help Heal What Ails You!
- Future Knowledge Worker Management - From Work-For-Hire to Intellectual Capital Co-Ownership P1 of 2
- Entrepreneurs Are Welcome in Singapore Part II - Overview of Employment Visa For Employees
- Future Knowledge Worker Management - From Work-for-hire to Intellectual Capital Co-ownership P2 of 2
- GOP Sen. Kennedy Blocks Democrat Bill to Import More Indian Workers
- Caution! When Using Search Engines, MySpace, Or Facebook For Hiring Decisions
- Employment Law Basics for Hawaii Employers - Policies and Training for Prevention and Risk Reduction
- Contracts of Employment - Advice For Employers
- 5 Excellent Reasons to Use American SAP Consultants Rather Than Supposed Less Expensive Foreign Work
- "Mr Outsource" Hired to Lead GM
- 5 Tips When Choosing an Employment Law Solicitor
- Large Employers and Cost Effective Safe Hiring Practices
- Vietnam targets to send 110,000 workers abroad
- Qatar approves minimum wage law, scraps worker exit permits
- Effective Pre-Employment Background Screening
- Qatar to end controversial migrant worker restrictions
- Worker Who Acted As a Hero by Defending Customer Left Hanging Out to Dry
- Amazon or the military: Warehouse bosses pressured 3 workers to choose
Ministry to facilitate procedures on employers hiring foreign workers have 436 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at December 3, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.