KUALA LUMPUR (Dec 3): Travellers who have tested for Covid-19 in Langkawi on the day of arrival under the International Travel Bubble are allowed to stay at the hotel, while waiting for the test results to avoid crowds at the Langkawi International Airport.
Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said they will also receive home surveillance and observation orders digitally through MySejahtera application.
"Apart from the need to undergo Covid-19 tests using RT-PCR at least 72 hours before leaving for Malaysia and on the day of arrival, travellers in Langkawi will also need to undergo a Covid-19 test using RTK-Antigen on the third and fifth day after the arrival," he said in a statement on Friday (Dec 3).
Earlier, Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin during a press conference in the morning, announced that travellers from countries other than the eight African nations are allowed to participate in the Langkawi International Tourism Bubble.
The temporary ban on travellers from eight countries, namely, South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Malawi will continue.
Elaborating, Dr Noor Hisham said travellers from countries other than the eight barred countries are allowed to enter the country to travel to other states, except Langkawi and will have to undergo mandatory quarantine.
He said the quarantine period is seven days for those who are fully vaccinated or 10 days for those who are unvaccinated or have yet to be fully vaccinated according to the approval given by the Home Quarantine Application (HQA), whether it is at home or quarantine stations.
He added that travellers who are not approved to undergo quarantine at home should make bookings at hotels that have been identified as quarantine stations through MyTravel Safe at https://safetravel.myeg.com.my/ .
Besides, Dr Noor Hisham said travellers who came from high-risk countries and are undergoing quarantine at home, would be equipped with a digital tracker device.
The list of high-risk countries will be announced by the Health Ministry based on the risk assessment conducted from time to time and the list will be provided to the relevant international gateway for further action.
"Travellers need to under Covid-19 detection test using RT-PCR upon arrival and on the fifth day if they are quarantined for seven days or on the eight-day if they are quarantined for 10 days
"The risk assessment will be carried out on the seventh day or the 10th day before they are released," he said.
Dr Noor Hisham said with this declaration, the previous statements are null and void.
- Sandgren cleared to travel to Australian Open despite positive COVID-19 test
- Sandgren gets OK to fly to Australia despite COVID-19 result
- Germany Reports 850 COVID-19 Deaths in 24 Hours
- Players, Officials Face Tough COVID-19 Controls Ahead of Australian Open
- COVID-19 Threat Will Likely Keep Border Closed in 2021, Australia Says
- Australia Demands Foreign Travelers Take COVID-19 Test
- Foreign Air Travelers Face New COVID-19 Requirements Before Boarding Flights To U.S.
- Malaysian COVID-19 Cases Soar to Thousands per Day
- More Contagious Version Of COVID-19 Confirmed In Illinois For First Time
- India Begins COVID-19 Inoculation Campaign
- Thailand Open: Sai Praneeth tests positive for COVID-19 and withdraws, roommate Srikanth forced to pull out
- Biden BANS travelers from South Africa over fears of its mutant COVID-19 variant and WON'T lift the bans on UK, Europe and Brazil as promised by Trump
- COVID-19: Khanh Hoa province told to stay alert as Tet approaches
- Thailand Open: Two support personnel test positive for COVID-19
- So blinded… Dr. Harsh Vardhan takes on Congress on COVID-19 vaccine
- Canadians call out leaders for breaking their own Covid-19 rules
- Murray in doubt for Australian Open after positive COVID-19 test
- Britain delivers a record 480,000 Covid-19 vaccines in a day - putting it on track to hit 15m first doses target by February 15 if supplies hold up and rate is maintained
- Signs of hope? Nearly 3,900 Americans die of COVID-19 but hospitalizations and positive cases are down as Johnson & Johnson board member predicts company's new coronavirus vaccine will help Biden reach his goal of inoculating 100 million by April
- The US has averaged more than 3,000 Covid-19 deaths a day over the past week
International travellers to Langkawi allowed to stay in hotel while waiting for Covid-19 results, Dr Noor Hisham have 670 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at December 4, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.