KUALA LUMPUR (Dec 2): Highway concessionaires in the country are expected to continue their commitment in providing and managing facilities as well as services for best user experience, said Senior Works Minister Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof.
"I am confident this can be achieved by improving the existing highway management system as well as using the latest technologies in line with Industrial Revolution 4.0," he said during the Malaysian Highway Authority's (MHA) 2021 Highway Awards ceremony on Thursday night which was jointly organised with the Association of Highway Concessionaires Malaysia.
He noted that the highway sector contributed RM51.1 billion to the country's gross domestic product from 1974 to 2018.
Fadhillah said the sector had also provided 290,000 direct job opportunities.
"There are 30 highways in operation and five in the process of being constructed under the MHA's supervision," he said.
Thursday night's awards ceremony was aimed at appreciating and recognising Malaysia's highway industry stakeholders as well as celebrating the success of industry players in providing the best services in the country's highway development and management.
There were eight award categories including Highway Leadership Award, Highway Hero Award, Green Highway Award, and Best Highway Brand Communication.
- Government scientist hints NHSX contact-tracing app is useless unless users get Covid test results within 24 hours - as 40,000 download it on Isle of Wight so far
- The best iPhone games currently available (May 2020)
- The best Nintendo Switch games (May 2020)
- The best PS4 games for May 2020
- Best Infection Prevention Products
- Teachers urged to 'sabotage' lessons as unions campaign to win concessions from government before return to school on 'week on, week off system'
- The best media players for PC and MacOS
- Top diplomat urges nations to work in unity to beat virus
- Best cloud storage of 2020 online
- Social conversations made simple: Twitter experiments with new thread layout, Tinder plans to introduce in-app video chats
- Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint team up to deliver RCS messaging to Android users by 2020
- Blog: Covid-diaries: Heaved a sigh of relief after harrowing experience flying back home to Australia from India
- Raab ADDS to the lockdown confusion by saying don't to go back to work until WEDNESDAY as commuters crowd onto Tubes after Boris Johnson urged Britons 'you SHOULD go to work if you can't work from home'
- 'You know what the crime is. It's very obvious to everybody!' Donald Trump is put on the spot about 'Obamagate' as he is asked exactly what 'crime' his predecessor committed
- 2019 MLB First-Year Player Draft: Who are the best players available on Day 2?
- Google Maps can now help you find the best dish to order from restaurants
- Best wine delivery service for 2020: Wine subscription boxes and picks for every budget
- Coronavirus: Pandemic leaves disabled people forced to provide their own PPE for carers
- 'If that is your biggest complaint, I think things are fine': Matt Hancock is caught grimacing at being asked to provide 'clarity' on 'confusing' lockdown exit roadmap and gives a series of flippant responses during bad-tempered morning interviews
- Chancellor urged to use Budget to save UK's hospices from financial collapse
Highway concessionaires urged to continue commitment to provide best user experience have 508 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at December 3, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.