Photo by Zahid Izzani Mohd Said/The Edge
KUALA LUMPUR (Dec 5): A total of 2,720,504 individuals or 86.4% of adolescents aged between 12 and 17 years in the country had completed their Covid-19 vaccination as of Saturday.
Follow our Covid-19 vaccination tracker to see where we are in the race to herd immunity.
Based on the Health Ministry’s COVIDNOW portal, 2,829,902 individuals or 89.9% of the group had received at least one dose of the vaccine.
As for the adult population, 22,718,376 individuals or 97% had completed their vaccination, while another 23,046,859 or 98.4% had received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
A total of 67,701 doses of the vaccine were dispensed on Saturday involving 3,902 as the second dose, 3,209 the first dose, and 60,590 as booster dose, bringing the cumulative number of vaccine doses administered under the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme (PICK) to 54,031,000.
As for the booster dose, a total of 2,905,809 doses had been dispensed.
- Scientists race to develop vaccine for new coronavirus
- The coronavirus survivors: Thai woman, 73, with an underlying heart problem defies 'one-in-a-million' odds to beat the killer disease as four-year-old girl becomes first patient in Malaysia to recover
- Whooping Cough: Experts Unsure on Extra Vaccine Dose
- Malaysia probes allegations that Airbus bribed AirAsia bosses
- Kafer: Vaccination education is great, but non-medical exemptions foolish
- Iran, Israel and Malaysia suspected of exploiting Twitter phone number security flaw
- WHO warns coronavirus, now dubbed COVID-19, is 'public enemy number 1' and more powerful than terrorism attack
- AirAsia CEO Fernandes and chairman step aside as Airbus bribery allegations probed
- Tourists fly out of Bali at last as wind blows volcanic ash away
- Fury as the Government simply tells people flying home from Asian countries to 'call NHS 111 if you feel ill' after THIRD travel-related coronavirus case flies into UK from Singapore as ministers face calls to screen ALL travellers at airports
- Saudi Arabia threatens to TEAR UP the passport of anyone trying to visit China as it becomes the 16th nation to BAN travellers from the country over coronavirus fears as pressure grows on UK to ramp up its response to the outbreak
- Coronavirus outbreak explained: Death toll approaches 500, MWC 2020 affected
- UK Government is set to issue new travel advice as pressure mounts on ministers to BAN all travellers from China after third case of the killer coronavirus in Brighton
- Coronavirus outbreak explained: An American dies in China
- Coronavirus outbreak explained: Death toll climbs above 800, overtaking SARS
- Coronavirus explained: Death toll crosses 900, surpasses SARS and MERS
- Coronavirus: Death toll tops 500 — live updates
- Budget 2020: Text of FM Sitharaman's budget speech
- Lorena Gonzalez likes a good fight. She got it with hotly debated AB5
- 'How are we supposed to get home?': Fury as Foreign Office warns ALL 30,000 Brits in China to LEAVE as death toll hits 427 - but tells them 'find your own way back' and stops repatriation flights
2.7 million adolescents in Malaysia fully vaccinated as at Dec 4 have 451 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.