Prime Minister Narendra Modi (Illustration: Moneycontrol)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on November 25 lay the foundation stone of the international airport in Uttar Pradesh’s Noida, NDTV reported on November 22.
The foundation stone-laying ceremony will be the first major public event to be attended by Modi in western UP after the Centre decided to repeal the three farm laws.
Western Uttar Pradesh, which is a farm belt, has seen protests against the three laws also opposed by farmers in Punjab and parts of Haryana who have been camping on the borders of Delhi for almost a year now.
The airport, which will come up in Jewar, a suburb of Noida in Gautam Buddh Nagar district, is being showcased as a key infrastructure project undertaken by the Yogi Adityanath government that faces elections early next year.
The project is being executed under the public-private-partnership (PPP) model. The airport is being developed by Yamuna International Airport Private Limited (YIAPL), a 100 percent subsidiary of Zurich International Airport AG, the Swiss concessionaire of the project, and is expected to get operational in 2024 .
It airport would be developed in four phases, with the entire project estimated to cost around Rs 30,000 crore, according to officials. Upon completion, the airport is expected to be the biggest in India.
Modi has on November 16, inaugurated the 341-km Purvanchal Expressway. Under the BJP-led government, the state had “ushered in an era of unforeseen development”, Modi said on the occasion, an indication that infrastructure projects could make be central to BJP's poll plans.
- Watch: PM Modi lays foundation stone for Ram temple in Ayodhya; says India creating a golden chapter, wait of centuries ends today
- PM Modi laid foundation stone of Hindu Rashtra: Asaduddin Owaisi
- India PM Narendra Modi lays foundation stone for Ayodhya Ram temple
- India PM to lay foundation stone for flashpoint Ram temple in Ayodhya
- 500-Year Wait for Temple at 'Lord Ram's Birthplace' Culminates as PM Modi Lays Foundation
- PM Modi violated oath of office by laying foundation stone of Ram Temple: Asaduddin Owaisi
- India's Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone at divisive Ayodhya temple despite rise in coronavirus cases
- PM leaves for Ayodhya to lay foundation stone of Ram temple
- Indian PM to lay foundation of temple at razed mosque site
- Golden chapter, says PM Modi after laying foundation stone for Ram temple
- Golden chapter: PM Modi after laying foundation stone for Ram temple
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of Delhi-Meerut Expressway on December 31
- Indian PM lays foundation stone of grand Ram Temple in north India
- Why PM Modi will seek blessings of Lord Hanuman before laying foundation stone for Ram Mandir
- Indian PM Narendra Modi lays foundation for temple on site of mosque destroyed by mobs
- Ayodhya prepares for Modi to lay foundation stone of Hindu temple at disputed site
- PM Modi at Ayodhya: A quick look at how Ram Mandir bhoomi poojan ceremony unfolded
- Golden moment in India's history, Janmabhoomi liberated today: PM Modi at Bhumi Pujan
- Ram Mandir Bhoomi Poojan: Here's PM Modi's itinerary for August 5
- Sunni Board may invite PM Modi, Yogi Adityanath to Ayodhya event
PM Modi to lay foundation stone of Noida international airport on November 25 have 529 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at November 22, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.