Najib was convicted in the SRC case but has appealed against the conviction, while the 1MDB case is ongoing in the Kuala Lumpur High Court. The Court of Appeal has set Dec 8 for its decision on the SRC case. (Photo by Zahid Izzani Mohd Said/The Edge)
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 27): Former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak on Saturday (Nov 27) lodged a police report calling for an investigation to find out if there was any concealment of material evidence regarding money transactions related to his 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) and SRC International Sdn Bhd cases.
He claimed that several parties including some key individuals during the time of the Pakatan Harapan (PH) government then were involved and was leaving it to the authorities to conduct a thorough investigation into these matters.
“Most Malaysians were shocked with the confirmation by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission last week that a balance of RM65 million of funds reportedly linked to [fugitve businessman Low Taek Jho or] Jho Low and 1MDB in bank accounts linked to the immediate family of a former central bank BNM governor was returned to Malaysia by the Singapore authorities," he told reporters after lodging the report at the Dang Wangi police station here.
He further claimed that former Attorney-General Tan Sri Tommy Thomas’ revelation two days ago that the latter was aware of such transactions during his time in office, as well as the answer in Parliament last Monday by de facto Law Minister Datuk Seri Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar that the police had known about this since at least 2019 under the previous PH government left him disappointed.
Najib said such information is material to his defence in the court in the SRC and 1MDB cases.
“I was also made aware that another key prosecution witness in my SRC case had similarly received more than RM85 million of funds directly linked to 1MDB and again me and my legal team were not told about this despite the individuals playing key roles in the SRC case," he claimed.
Najib was convicted in the SRC case but has appealed against the conviction, while the 1MDB case is ongoing in the Kuala Lumpur High Court. The Court of Appeal has set Dec 8 for its decision on the SRC case.
Meanwhile, Dang Wangi district police chief ACP Noor Dellhan Yahaya, when contacted, confirmed receiving the report, saying an investigation will be conducted.
- U.S. goes after $1.5B allegedly pilfered by foreign leader
- Police hunt missing billionaire playboy who gave Miranda Kerr $9m in diamonds
- BRPD finds 'insufficient evidence' against officer who appeared to strike teen in Earth Day incident
- 3 children were removed from a home after allegations of child abuse. Then investigators found skeletal remains
- Students’ fact-finding team accuses UP Police of ‘brutality’, ‘targeting poor and Muslims’
- Why Did the Washington Post Suspend a Reporter After She Tweeted About Kobe Bryant’s Rape Allegation?
- SPECIAL REPORT-How ‘Scam PACs’ fall through the cracks of U.S. regulators
- Cong moves NHRC over police 'atrocities' on anti-CAA protesters in UP
- Congress moves NHRC over police 'atrocities' on anti-CAA protesters in UP
- Dashcam footage shows police chasing 'serial rapist' Joseph McCann after he abducted two 14-year-old girls during day of depravity on which he attacked seven victims aged 11 to 71, court hears
- Police hid use of cell phone tracking device from judge because of NDA
- Pregnant Mom Was Slain After Work Trip — Then Allegedly Buried in 'Shallow Grave' by Husband
- Judge: Police can’t frisk drivers solely for safety concerns
- Favour Daley-Oladele: Men who seek demons’ cash
- NIA moves Pune court for transfer of Elgaar Parishad case
- How 'Scam PACs' fall through the cracks of U.S. regulators
- First person convicted under Malaysia's fake news law
- ‘New low’: Trump and aides lash Cohen as ex-lawyer calls President ‘racist conman’
- Nationals MP turns against Barnaby Joyce as sexual harassment complaint made
- 3 men carry out Drishyam-style murder, bury victim’s body, bike in food stall
Najib lodges police report on alleged concealment of 1MDB, SRC evidence have 645 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.