KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 26): Malaysia is currently focusing on neighbouring countries before expanding the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to other countries, said Foreign Minister Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah.
Therefore, for now, the government is working to launch the VTL with neighbouring Singapore and Indonesia, with the launch of VTL with Singapore to be held on Nov 29, he said.
Saifuddin said this when met by reporters after attending the closing ceremony of the 13th Asia-Europe Summit (ASEM) held virtually on Friday.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob on Thursday said Malaysia is currently working with several ASEM partners such as Singapore and Indonesia to implement the VTL.
Commenting on Ismail Sabri’s intervention session at the ASEM on Friday, Saifuddin said the prime minister reiterated Malaysia’s commitment to ‘peaceful coexistence’ and upholding multilateralism.
- Malaysia's Q1 GDP growth expands 0.7 pct, lowest since 2009
- Australia's proposed 'coronavirus travel bubble' with New Zealand could be expanded to take in three very surprising countries - including CHINA
- Govt expands reach of Vande Bharat mission
- Malaysia allows mass prayers ahead of Eid holiday
- 149 flights from 31 countries in Phase 2 of Vande Bharat
- Focus on farm reforms, India crosses China’s case count: Covid-19 news today
- We are a country of jokers, or who else runs away from help?
- Stocks in focus: Nestle India, Bandhan Bank, Piramal Enterprises, IndusInd Bank and BoB
- With the U.S. Preoccupied and Poor Nations Bracing For Pandemic, China Sees Opportunity to Expand Global Influence
- Vande Bharat Mission: 8 flights from 7 countries to land in India today
- Exclusive: Nissan to retrench further in new plan to focus on U.S., Japan, China
- India to expand scope of repatriation to Russia, Germany, Thailand, France, Spain, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan
- India to expand ‘Vande Bharat Mission’ to evacuate 67K stranded students from abroad
- Xinhua Headlines: China's Guangdong expands nucleic acid testing to include everyone in need
- Coronavirus live updates: Marin County expands contact-tracing team
- Starbucks to reopen 85% of its US stores by the end of the week but with 'responsible' changes that focus on take-out and cashless transactions
- Which European Union countries are open for summer tourism?
- Contact Tracing Is Vital to Reopening the Country. These States Are Recruiting Thousands.
- Trump backs expanded testing as West Wing battles infections
- China Focus: "Oriental Ruhr" reshapes industrial landscape
Malaysia to focus on VTL with neighbouring countries before expanding to other countries have 366 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.