ISKANDAR PUTERI (Nov 27): The location where the launch of the Singapore-Johor Baru Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL-land) will take place on Monday morning had not been finalised yet, said Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Hasni Mohammad.
Media reports said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob and his Singapore counterpart Lee Hsien Loong are scheduled to launch the VTL-land, involving the Causeway, at 10am.
“This launch (VTL-land) is much awaited and very important for the economic sector. The border closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic affected business activities in the busy city of Johor Baru.
“But with discussions between the two countries and cooperation between the federal and the Johor governments, an agreement was finally reached for land and air VTLs to be implemented. The state government greatly appreciates this decision,” Hasni said when launching the Johor Special Housing Programme in Gerbang Nusajaya here on Saturday (Nov 27).
At a press conference afterwards, Hasni said the daily quota for commuters under the VTL-land set at 1,440 for the first week is a good beginning.
“In fact, the [Covid-19 safety] standard operating procedures can be improved further, which will enable more people to cross the Malaysia-Singapore border,” he said.
The VTL-land facility commences on the same date as the VTL arrangement for air travel for fully vaccinated passengers between the Changi Airport and Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). The VTLs provides for quarantine-free travel between the two countries, subject to certain other criteria.
The VTL-land only applies to fully vaccinated individuals working in in Singapore or Johor Baru who are long-term pass holders.
Meanwhile, commenting on the Johor Special Housing Programme, Hasni said the state government had always strived to provide comfortable and quality housing to the people of the state.
“In this programme, we emphasise quality houses and I see that the cooperation of the banking sector and real estate developers can give the people the opportunity to own a house of around RM150,000 to RM300,000.
“This shows that we also need to continue the government’s housing, transit and rental programmes to help those who have just started working and are less able as well as newly-married couples to rent and at the same time own a house,” he said.
- Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un summit to take place in Singapore
- Kim Jong-un forces Donald Trump to leave Singapore a day early after making travel plans for hours after historic summit
- 'Business Is Booming': Las Vegas Prepares for $7 Bln 'Chinese' Mega-Resort
- Kim Jong-un meets South Korea president in surprise talks to salvage historic Trump summit
- Tokenized Diamonds to Explore 'Space of What’s Possible With Blockchain'
- July route roundup: Where airlines are adding (or cutting) service
- Diplomats discuss Donald Trump state visit in May next year
- 19 of Grimsby's oldest buildings whose future MUST be saved
- Seoul requests Interpol warrant over 'treasure ship' claims
- Britain sends third warship to Asia Pacific to monitor North Korea
- China executes more people than rest of world combined, Amnesty report reveals
- North Korea: Donald Trump's advance team arrives in border village to prepare for Kim Jong-un meeting
- China's Vast Intercontinental Building Plan Is Gaining Momentum
- Harley, Trump and Thailand’s $51 Billion Trade Gamble
- Lake 'missed' in designs for HS2 Long Eaton viaduct
- Analysis: Return of remains good, but easy move for N. Korea
- Police place travel ban on salvage firm bosses who claimed sunken ship contained £100bn in gold
Location of Malaysia-Singapore land VTL launch not finalised yet, says Johor MB have 548 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.