ISKANDAR PUTERI (Nov 27): The location where the launch of the Singapore-Johor Baru Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL-land) will take place on Monday morning had not been finalised yet, said Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Hasni Mohammad.
Media reports said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob and his Singapore counterpart Lee Hsien Loong are scheduled to launch the VTL-land, involving the Causeway, at 10am.
“This launch (VTL-land) is much awaited and very important for the economic sector. The border closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic affected business activities in the busy city of Johor Baru.
“But with discussions between the two countries and cooperation between the federal and the Johor governments, an agreement was finally reached for land and air VTLs to be implemented. The state government greatly appreciates this decision,” Hasni said when launching the Johor Special Housing Programme in Gerbang Nusajaya here on Saturday (Nov 27).
At a press conference afterwards, Hasni said the daily quota for commuters under the VTL-land set at 1,440 for the first week is a good beginning.
“In fact, the [Covid-19 safety] standard operating procedures can be improved further, which will enable more people to cross the Malaysia-Singapore border,” he said.
The VTL-land facility commences on the same date as the VTL arrangement for air travel for fully vaccinated passengers between the Changi Airport and Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). The VTLs provides for quarantine-free travel between the two countries, subject to certain other criteria.
The VTL-land only applies to fully vaccinated individuals working in in Singapore or Johor Baru who are long-term pass holders.
Meanwhile, commenting on the Johor Special Housing Programme, Hasni said the state government had always strived to provide comfortable and quality housing to the people of the state.
“In this programme, we emphasise quality houses and I see that the cooperation of the banking sector and real estate developers can give the people the opportunity to own a house of around RM150,000 to RM300,000.
“This shows that we also need to continue the government’s housing, transit and rental programmes to help those who have just started working and are less able as well as newly-married couples to rent and at the same time own a house,” he said.
- Umami-driven farm-to-plane food has arrived on Singapore Airlines
- Singapore's seventh nature park opens in Thomson, with site of former village on its grounds
- Flight MH370 theories – has the Malaysia Airlines plane mystery been solved and what is the latest?
- Dyson to build electric car in Singapore
- BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 9
- BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 8
- Inside the hunt for the world’s most dangerous terrorist
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 9
- New airport serves world-famous Ha Long Bay
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 8
- One year on, is Teesside's masterplan to unlock 20k jobs on track?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Android 8.1 Oreo-Based MIUI Update to Roll Out This Week in India
- Pilot claims to have found missing plane MH370 on Google Maps
Location of Malaysia-Singapore land VTL launch not finalised yet, says Johor MB have 477 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.