KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 24): The Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah and Raja Permaisuri Agong Tunku Hajah Azizah Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah graced a banquet in conjunction with the 257th Meeting of the Conference of Rulers Meeting at Istana Negara on Wednesday (Nov 24) night.
Among those present were Sultan Al Aminul Karim Sultan Sallehuddin Sultan Badlishah of Kedah; Sultan of Perak Sultan Nazrin Shah and Raja Permaisuri Perak Tuanku Zara Salim; and Sultan of Selangor Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah and Tengku Permaisuri Selangor Tengku Permaisuri Norashikin.
Pahang Regent Tengku Hassanal Ibrahim Alam Shah Al-Sultan Abdullah and Tengku Mahkota of Kelantan Tengku Dr Muhammad Faiz Petra Sultan Ismail Petra were also present.
Penang Yang Dipertua Negeri Tun Abdul Rahman Abbas, Melaka Yang Dipertua Negeri Tun Mohd Ali Rustam, Sabah Yang Dipertua Negeri Tun Juhar Mahiruddin and Sarawak Yang Dipertua Negeri Tun Abdul Taib Mahmud were also present.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob and his wife Datin Seri Muhaini Zainal Abidin, Cabinet ministers and menteris besar also attended the dinner.
The two-day Conference of Rulers, which began on Wednesday, is chaired by Sultan Sallehuddin and attended by all Malay Rulers except for Their Highnesses from Kelantan, Pahang and Perlis.
Kelantan is represented by Tengku Mahkota of Kelantan Tengku Dr Muhammad Faiz Petra Sultan Ismail Petra; Pahang is represented by Pahang Regent Tengku Hassanal Ibrahim Alam Shah Al-Sultan Abdullah and Perlis is represented by Tuanku Syed Faizuddin Putra Jamalullail.
Also attending the meeting are the Yang Dipertua Negeri of Penang, Melaka, Sabah and Sarawak.
The last meeting of the Conference of Rulers was held on Feb 19 and 20, 2020, chaired by Sultan Nazrin Shah.
- Timeline: Martin McGuinness and the Queen
- Royal POLL: Should Buckingham Palace be turned into museum against Queen's wishes?
- Royal Family latest: Andrew ‘convinced’ lawsuit will ‘blow over’ & will return to public life following lunch with Queen
- Prince Andrew latest: Duke’s legal team dispute he was served lawsuit papers amid claims he is ‘hiding behind’ the Queen
- 50 Years After Dr. King’s Death, Remembering the Women Who Steered the Movement
- Queen lays wreath at Tomb of Unknown Soldier in Paris
- Prince Andrew latest: Duke of York WAS served sex assault lawsuit at Windsor after ‘priming staff to not accept papers’
- Prince Andrew latest: ‘Prince Andrew keen to remarry Sarah Ferguson if can move from sex abuse allegations’ says source
- Prince Andrew latest news: Duke to dodge sex case today as lawyers claim he ‘hasn’t legally been served court papers’
- Margaret and Snowdon Agree to Separate
- The Hidden Life of a Forgotten Sixteenth-Century Female Poet
- 15 of the strangest jobs you can get working for the Royal Family
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 21
- The Unwritten Rules of Black TV
- The Forgotten Story Of 9/11’s Ultimate Underdogs
- Meghan Markle latest news: Harry & Meg ‘blissfully unaware of the mayhem they cause’ as Duke to appear in Philip TV film
- Ethiopia: The country where a year lasts 13 months
- 'We told the world with our fists that China is strong'
- Phoney war
- This Weekend's Events In Seattle Area
King, Queen grace banquet held in conjunction with Conference of Rulers Meeting have 494 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.