A COVID-19 mega vaccination facility at the Divine Word College of Laoag. (Photo courtesy of Ilocos Norte provincial government)
MANILA, Philippines — With the COVID-19 Omicron variant emerging as a new global threat, House Speaker Lord Allan Velasco urged everyone eligible to get vaccinated against the disease during the national vaccination drive that would run from Nov. 29 to Dec. 1.
"Our best hope for avoiding a holiday spike of COVID-19 infections and deaths lies in large part on people who have not been vaccinated getting a jab during the three-day national vaccination drives," he added.
Velasco appealed to those hesitant to get vaccinated to reconsider their position.
"Vaccines are unquestionably our best hope for getting past the COVID-19 pandemic," Velasco reiterated.
The three-day drive aims to get 9 million people vaccinated against the disease.
Another drive has also been set for Dec. 15 to 17, which is seen to help the government achieve its goal of immunizing 54 million Filipinos against COVID-19 by the end of the year.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
- Rich Kids, Skint Holiday teen, 19, who blows £200 on a single meal joins family-of-three who spend the same amount on their entire HOLIDAY
- Package Thefts In Deerfield: Porch Pirates Lurk During Holidays
- Highland Park Package Thefts: Porch Pirates Lurk During Holidays
- Package Thefts In Lake Forest: Porch Pirates Lurk During Holidays
- Package Thefts In Northbrook: Porch Pirates Lurk During Holidays
- ‘We’re Ready To Go’: Holiday Travelers Hit The Pa. Turnpike Ahead Of Thanksgiving
- Add Cold, Gusty Winds To Wild Weather Vexing Holiday Travelers This Week
- Healthy holiday tips: Eat what you want this Thanksgiving without skipping dessert
- WAG compares Samoa to Nazi Germany for its compulsory vaccination after 24 people die from measles
- Vaccines Are Hard to Transport to the Regions That Need Them Most. Solar-Powered Fridges Fix That.
- Get in the holiday mood with Ne-Yo, Lea Michele and Chicago
- What To Expect During Vaccination?
- The Best Thanksgiving Movies and TV Episodes to Watch to Avoid Your Family
- Attention Black Friday bargain-hunters: Google reveals the top three tips for making the most of the holiday shopping kick-off
- Summer holidays 2013: expert advice on where to visit
- Amazon's huge holiday delivery push means potentially dangerous drivers are being hired WITHOUT background checks and given access to vans full of packages and sensitive information such as addresses and access codes
- How to avoid piling up debt during the holidays
- How to Include Your Non-Christian Friends In the Holidays Without Being an Ignorant Jerk
- Get in the holiday mood with Diana Ross, John Legend, more
- Game of Thrones filming locations and tours that will make an epic holiday for fans
Get vaccinated during three-day drive to avoid ‘holiday COVID-19 spike’ – Velasco have 491 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.