IPOH (Nov 24): The case of an alleged unvaccinated teacher being isolated in a school's storeroom by the school's administration here has been reported to the Education Ministry.
Perak Education, Higher Education and Human Resource Committee chairman Ahmad Saidi Mohamad Daud said the report followed a full and detailed investigation undertaken by the Perak state education department.
“I am aware of the case and have been informed by the state education department.
“A full report will be announced soon by the Education Ministry," he said in a statement here on Wednesday (Nov 24).
The matter came to light when a video lasting around one minute was uploaded on TikTok several days ago and went viral.
The man in the video expressed disappointment at the treatment he allegedly received and claimed he had been isolated first in the physical education store room and then the cleaner's store room, as he was unvaccinated.
Ahmad Saidi said however, that the Perak state government took the matter seriously, as it involves various health aspects and the welfare of teachers.
“This is to ensure all parties are healthy and free from infection.
“The state government would like to ensure all parties, including teachers, students and their parents are in good health," he said.
On Nov 9, Perak Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Saarani Mohamad informed that 279 teachers in the state were identified as having rejected their Covid-19 vaccinations.
- Turkey's education ministry, defense body to train future tech experts
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028
- Central bank and finance ministry: Wage rises putting pressure on economy
- Updated: MUT to present proposals to solve 'crisis' in educators’ profession
- Underpaid teachers borrowing money from schools
- Police investigation after 5-year-old pupil allegedly thrown to floor by teacher
- Education minister threatens to remove funding from Amsterdam Islamic high school, accused of terror links
- MUT to present proposals to solve 'crisis' in educators’ profession
- Professional conduct panel bans former St Albans teacher after 'inappropriate' platonic relationship with pupil
- Foreign teachers coaxed into New Zealand by Government 'aren't up to the job'
- Teacher of the Year semi-finalists announced
- Secondary teachers invite primary colleagues to strike with them
- FEATURE: Group aims to empower parents of children with special educational needs
- Parent stabs teacher at Aussie primary school
- Autistic boy isolated and bullied at school not granted statutory funding for special needs, Solihull mum claims
- 6 finalists named for Teacher of the Year
- Teacher allegedly told class black boy was 'ugly'
- Blackpool children warned about online 'Momo Challenge' that allegedly tells youngsters to self harm
- Queenstown teacher denies assaulting pupil
- BelNPP Information Center arranges excursions for Ostrovets District schools
Education Ministry informed of alleged isolation of unvaccinated teacher have 425 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.