SINGAPORE – National bowlers Cherie Tan and Shayna Ng will face each other in an all-Singaporean women’s singles final at the International Bowling Federation Super World Championships, after posting wins in their respective semi-finals on Friday (Nov 12).
In the last-four stage, Tan pulled away early on to easily beat Canada’s Sarah Klassen 246-193 at the Sports, Fitness and Wellbeing Hub in Expo 2020 Dubai, while Ng had a slightly tougher time in getting past Sofia Rodriguez of Guatemala 216-203.
The final will take place later on Friday.
In the mixed team qualification event earlier on Friday, both Singapore teams advanced to the matchplay round.
The first team comprising Tan, Ng, Darren Ong and Cheah Ray Han came in fourth in the 46-team qualifiers, while New Hui Fen, Iliya Syamim, Jonovan Neo and Joel Tan placed eighth.
- Cannavaro to watch Super League match in HCMC
- Deputy PM Truong Hoa Binh meets Singaporean leaders
- Vietnam set sights on SEA Games final
- KinderWorld raises the bar in Vietnam - Singaporean relationship
- PM Dung bids final farewell to Lee Kuan Yew in Singapore
- Singaporean researcher talks about Vietnamese photography
- Singapore Keen to Further Partner with Vietnam
- VN in shape for Games' opener
- Vietnam in shape for Games' opener
- Top lenders latch onto fintech future
- PM: VN wants to push up relationship with Singapore
- Searching for Hanoi's ultimate pho
- The night by the river
- Nadal 'destroys' agitated Kyrgios to win China Open
- Social News 30/3
- 48 hours in Saigon for 20 bucks
- Still Much Scope for Further Cooperation between Singapore and Vietnam
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 1-10 (daily updated)
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 28/8
- Standing witness to Vietnam’s rise
Bowling: Singaporeans Cherie Tan, Shayna Ng through to IBF Super World C'ships final have 255 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at November 13, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.