KUALA LUMPUR: Trips on the Express Rail Link will be going for a song this weekend, regardless of distance.
Dubbed the RM1 Joyride Weekend, the special promotion that started yesterday will see the flat rate of RM1 imposed for stops along the ERL line, including to KLIA and KLIA2, until today.
At the launch yesterday, ERL chief executive officer Noormah Mohd Noor said the programme will spur public transport users to use the line.
"We target about 8,000 passengers for these two days. This special rate is only for those who pay via the app, and this is one way to promote cashless payments.
"Since international borders have yet to open, we are encouraging locals to take our trains. I think it's time for Malaysians to go back to the 'new norm'," she said.
Each train stop along the ERL line – Bandar Tasik Selatan, Putrajaya and Cyberjaya, Salak Tinggi, KLIA, and KLIA2 – will have planned activities, including food trucks and bazaars. Rail-ly good fun: People showing the RM1 signage at the launching of ERL RM1 joyride at KL Sentral. — AZHAR MAHFOF/The Star
She added that while there are no plans currently for additional "joyrides", she did not dismiss the possibility of having more of these fun rides in the future if reception warrants it.
Noormah also said that this is a good time to take advantage of the line to visit Putrajaya and Cyberjaya.
In a video message at the launch, Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Nancy Shukri said it was exciting to see domestic leisure travel make a rebound.
"As we continue our efforts, we welcome partnerships from the private sector in helping us revive the industry, and thus help industry players recover.
"We are very happy to see ERL's initiatives in organising this joyride that brings together various partners in support of the national recovery," she said.
For today, trains will depart at intervals ranging from 20 to 30 minutes from 9am to 9pm, with the last train from KL Sentral to the airport departing at 10.10pm, and vice versa. More details can be found at kliaekspres.com .
- COVID-Positive Trump Ignores CDC Advice to Take Joyride, With Grim Secret Service Agents in Tow
- Tone-deaf Kim Kardashian and her sisters continue to flaunt her million-dollar 40th birthday trip to Marlon Brando's private island in Tahiti despite a mounting wave of disgust from celebrities and fans
- Colin Hanks and Others Aren't Impressed With Kim Kardashian West's Maskless Birthday Trip
- Kim Kardashian's cheeky message as she continues to post about 'insensitive' island trip
- A Very Confusing Trip To Minnesota That Sums Up A Very Confusing Presidential Campaign
- A jewel in central Vietnam – Part 1: A ride after a while
- Pilsen, Czech Republic, Capital of Culture 2015
- Reverse culture shock in Vietnam
- German Supercup: Bayern edge out Dortmund with late Kimmich winner
- review: As engaging as
- Trump's COVID case could be entering a crucial stage
- Donald Trump Gets Go Ahead For “Public Engagements” From Doctor In Latest COVID-19 Update From White House
- ‘It Was Like an Exorcism’: Inside Oregon’s Magic Mushroom Underground
- Champions League wrap: Barcelona, Lazio in routs; Big day for Americans
- Champions League: Messi and Barcelona ease past Juventus, Chelsea and Man United cruise
- 'This is tone deaf and insensitive': Kim Kardashian is slammed for bragging about her lavish tropical 40th birthday vacation with her family and friends amid global pandemic
- Kendall Jenner sizzles in barely-there thong bikini... as sister Kim Kardashian and family are branded 'out of touch' for over the top 40th birthday vacation during the pandemic
- Champions League: Marcus Rashford shows RB Leipzig what they're missing
- How ‘humble’ Kim Kardashian’s 40th birthday party outraged the world – from bragging to defying travel ban
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian a 'creepy' hologram of her dead father Robert that tells her 'look at you, you're all grown up' - and calls Kanye 'the most GENIUS man in the whole world' - for her 40th birthday
At RM1, ERL trips are truly a ‘joyride’ have 652 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.