Brillante Ma Mendoza (right) and Vince Rillon
Award-winning filmmaker Brillante Ma Mendoza said Vince Rillon, his lead actor in the social drama film "Resbak," reminds him so much of superstar Coco Martin when the latter was a budding indie actor.
"He is a good person, not conceited at all," Mendoza said of Rillon. "He's just focused on taking care of his family. He's such a simple guy. Coco and Vince are friends. They've worked together before. This is also why I was able to say that Vince has a potential to become a Coco Martin in the future."
Coco is Mendoza's former protege. The latter appeared in Mendoza's earliest films such as "Masahista" (2005), "Tirador" (2007), "Serbis" (2008) and "Kinatay" (2009), which won for him the best director award at the prestigious 92nd Cannes Film Festival.
Mendoza (right) with Coco Martin promoting their film "Kinatay"
"They're also different in some aspects. From the start, Coco already knew what he wanted. He already had a plan. He's serious about work and is very persistent. In that sense, Vince is his opposite," Mendoza added.
The filmmaker describe his ward as "very chill … Vince is still very much unaware of his strengths as an actor. He still gets overwhelmed whenever he meets show biz celebrities because he doesn't consider himself as one. I guess it's because he is really an artist."
Mendoza pointed out: "Funny because when he became a guest actor in 'FPJ's Ang Probinsyano' (the show which Coco stars in, directs and produces), Vince told me it was only in that show where he felt he was really an actor. This is because, in all of his previous projects, his performances were very natural. In 'Ang Probinsyano,' he had to learn teleserye acting."
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
- Australian sculptor Clare Martin makes "Notes on an Imaginery Culture" exhibition in Hanoi
- Australian sculptor Clare Martin makes “Notes on an Imaginary Culture”
- Coco Controller could be your new iPhone and S3 gaming pal
- Martin Rama, a Uruguayan economist with big love for Hanoi Most Recent News
- Martin Rama, a Uruguayan economist with big love for Hanoi
- "Martin Yan-Taste of Vietnam" to be aired in the U.S.
- Martin Yan to launch show on local tourism and cuisine
- Aston Martin DBS temporary stop at Quang Ninh
- Martin Yan: "Promoting Vietnamese food is my responsibility"
- Celebrity chef Martin Yan discovering culinary arts in Binh Thuan
- Lockheed Martin to cut 1,200 US jobs
- Last-gasp Martins sinks Arsenal
- Aston Martin still planning Lagonda revival
- "We believe Vietnam will make wonders"
- Martin Yan-Taste of Vietnam on air next month
- Ha Long Bay Makes Top Three of New 7 Wonders of Nature Nominees
- Vietnam's defense chief makes first visit to Pentagon
- Vietnam Chief of General Staff makes first visit to Pentagon
- Martin Yan explores Binh Thuan's specialties
- Old man Vastic makes Poles pay the penalty at the death
Another Coco Martin in the making have 510 words, post on entertainment.inquirer.net at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.