KOTA MARUDU (Oct 18): The Sabah State Government is in the midst of planning to develop Kudat inclusively, including building a new port to boost the local economy and increase the state’s income.
Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Seri Bung Moktar Radin said the port development in Kudat is also seen as having the potential to create a new township due to its strategic location.
Bung Moktar, who is also Sabah Works Minister, said he is optimistic the plan would be able to stimulate local developments as many areas near Kudat, including Pitas, are still lacking efficient infrastructure facilities.
"We (State Government) will build a new town besides creating a 'special trade zone' and this will be able to help not only Sabah's economy but also develop the neighbouring areas around Kudat," he told reporters after taking part in Rural Development Minister Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid’s working visit to Pitas and Kota Marudu on Monday.
On the visit, Bung Moktar said the state government very much welcomed the visit of Federal ministers to enable them see the real situation of each district in Sabah.
He said the Sabah State Government also understood that there are still many rural areas in the state that needed attention and efforts to ensure balanced regional development would be continued for the wellbeing of the people.
- 4 People Who Should Be at the Strategic Planning Table
- Focusing On Inclusion In All Aspects of Life
- Strategic PR Tips For Developing A Media Policy For Responding To Media Inquiries
- Development at Penn Plaza in Pittsburgh continues to generate controversy
- Slim Fast Diet - The Perfect Plan For Your Healthy Life!
- New Homes For An Aging Population
- ISO 9001 - Design in Education
- Marketing R&D Helps You Capture Consumers' Minds
- Proposal Prose - Why Small Phrases Can have A Big Impact Down The Road
- Making Corporate Change Work Every Time
- How To Malaysia Holiday Packages Tips
- Writing E-Newsletters Your Customers Love - 9 Steps To Launching Yours
- Demolition Threat To Holiday Homes On The Spanish Coast
- Recognizing Navigational Tools For the Future of Education
- Call For an All-Oromo Constituent Assembly
- Managing the Information Technology Infrastructure of the Queen Mary 2
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy - An Evidence-Based Treatment For Disorders of Attachment
- Bum Marketing Riches - Can it Be Improved Upon?
- We've Got to Stop Meeting Like This - How to Conduct Meaningful Meetings That Produce Results
- The Cyprus Real Estate Market
Sabah govt plans inclusive development in Kudat, says Bung Moktar have 393 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.