KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 21): Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL) has issued a denial over a viral message regarding a HKL surgeon named Dr Shafawati who died on Sept 3 after being vaccinated.
HKL explained that there was no surgeon named Dr Shafawati attached to the hospital.
The public is therefore reminded not to simply believe rumours that have gone viral that could cause concern and distress but instead to always refer to verified sources to obtain the latest information.
The announcement regarding the fake news was issued by the Communications and Multimedia Ministry's Quick Response Team at 9pm on Thursday.
- 'The optimist inside me can't help but smile!' Dr Alex George admits he's 'gassed' about the news of a potential COVID-19 vaccine
- European Markets Soar on News of Second Potential COVID-19 Vaccine
- Dow Closes at Record on News of Second Potential COVID-19 Vaccine
- Ford Motor Co. Purchases Specialty Freezers Future COVID-19 Vaccine Storage
- Asylum seekers in the EU must be given access to new Covid-19 vaccines, UN says
- When and how will COVID-19 vaccines become available?
- Moderna says its COVID-19 vaccine is 94.5 percent effective
- Moderna, Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines exceed expectations; here's how they stack up
- Covid-19 vaccine update: Bharat Biotech begins phase 3 trials, Moderna says its candidate nearly 95% effective
- Covid-19 vaccine update: India may produce Sputnik V; Sinovac’s candidate triggers ‘quick’ immune response
- Pfizer ends COVID-19 vaccine trial with 95 per cent efficacy, to seek emergency-use authorization
- Who will get COVID-19 vaccine first in India?
- Covid-19 vaccine update: Pfizer announces 95% efficacy, Spain authorises phase 3 trial of Janssen’s candidate
- Haryana health minister Anil Vij takes trial shot of Bharat Biotech’s Covid-19 vaccine
- Pfizer seeking emergency use of its COVID-19 vaccine in U.S.
- Covid-19 vaccine updates: Bharat Biotech to recruit volunteers for trial, Pfizer files for emergency use authorisation
- Pfizer files for emergency authorization from the FDA for its COVID-19 vaccine so it can be approved for December roll-out
- Covid-19 vaccine update: India to immunise 250 million citizens, US vaccinations might begin in December
- Karnataka is well prepared for COVID-19 vaccine delivery: Health Minister
- Coronavirus | UNICEF gearing up for ‘mammoth operation’ to deliver COVID-19 vaccines globally
News of HKL surgeon who died after Covid-19 vaccination on Sept 3 is false have 342 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at October 22, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.