Jakarta ● Wed, October 20, 2021
After a two-year postponement, state-owned electricity company PLN has released its electricity procurement plan (RUPTL), which contains the national electricity plan for the period of 2021 to 2030.
Uniquely, this RUPTL has an end-year target of 2030, which coincides with the end-year target of the country's nationally determined contribution (NDC). The NDC states that the energy sector – including the power sector – will be the most significant carbon-emissions contributor in 2030.
With the 26th Conference of Parties (COP26) starting in the coming few weeks, there is a need for the Indonesian government to show its commitment and ambition to achieve the NDC target, including through a green electricity plan.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- The Glasgow climate test
- Why solar energy can help Indonesia attain 100% green electricity by 2050
- Govt to issue green energy regulation this year as goals remain elusive
You might also like :
- Public hearings set for 2021-30 10-year transportation plan
- Santigold on Launching Her 10 Years Golder Tour From Denver
- 10-year-old helps build blessing box for the town of Williston
- flydubai celebrates 10 years of bringing people together
- Biden jumps on the Green New Deal train with climate plan
- 3 expenses to avoid if you want to retire in 10 years
- State seeks public input to develop 10-year DOE stategic plan
- The Latest: Would-be NYC bomber gets 10 year prison term
- Can New York Make Buildings Super-Efficient Really Quickly?
- South Bay methamphetamine trafficker sentenced to 10 years
- Harley-Davidson unveils new electric bicycle designs
- American Dream, Coca-Cola announce 10-year partnership
- Proton center marks 10 years in Oklahoma
- StrackaLine Celebrates 10+ Years of Innovation With Continued Growth and a Bright Future
- NFL Draft: Donovan McNabb hasn’t forgotten Eagles fans booing him on draft day 10 years ago
- Kamper Park voting precinct to get new home next year
- A look back at New Orleans' 300-year-long drainage drama
- EJI plans new sites a year after launching memorial to lynching victims
- Purdue Celebrates 10 years of Collaboration with Able Flight
- 3-Course Interview: New CEO Brent Rosen talks plans for Southern Food & Beverage Museum
Is new electricity 10-year procurement plan really green? have 404 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.