Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed
KUALA TERENGGANU (Oct 17): The federal government is committed to providing at least 50% of the allocation for basic facilities in Terengganu for the implementation of high-impact projects in the state.
Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed said this was to ensure continuity of projects and better access to basic infrastructure, amenities and services.
“A number of the extended projects will be continued including at Kemaman Hospital and Dungun Hospital, as well as flood-mitigation projects.
“Other matters raised by the Terengganu government were on developing the islands including electricity supply provision, agriculture and health facilities," he told reporters after closing the engagement session with the Terengganu government on the 12th Malaysia Plan (12MP) here on Sunday.
Earlier, Mustapa had a hybrid engagement session on the 12MP with the state's senior government officials at Wisma Darul Aman here.
He said the government would continue with the polymer industrial park development project in Kerteh, Dungun; integrated river basin development project in Kemaman and rehabilitation of the river estuaries in Besut, Dungun and Setiu.
"The flood-mitigation project in the northern part of Kuala Terenganu, upgrading of the Chukai-Kemaman federal road, Simpang Pulai-Gua Musang-Kuala Berang road project and the development of rubber smallholdings will also continue," he added.
Mustapa said the federal government's initial development allocation for Terengganu this year was RM1.36 billion but the amount could not be fully spent due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Asked on the allocation for Terengganu next year, he said the details would be in Budget 2022 to be tabled by Finance Minister Tengku Zafrul Abdul Aziz on Oct 29.
Meanwhile, Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Samsuri Mokhtar said the state government was thankful to the federal government for its commitment to solving the issues involving land and approvals by the local authorities that had caused project delays.
“We hope that things can be speeded up by reducing bureaucracy so as to achieve the project objectives for sustainable development,” he added.
- Breakthrough Ebook Writing - Uncover 5 High Impact Methods to Accelerate Your Ebook Writing
- Profitable Article Marketing - Revealed - 5 High Impact Steps to Accelerate Your Article Marketing
- The History Of Orlando And Its Impact On Development
- Tips for Making a High-Impact, Money-Saving Presentation Booklet
- Ebook Writing - Discover 4 High Impact Secrets to Multiply Your Ebook Writing
- Article Marketing Strategies - Dynamic High-Impact Marketing That Brands Your Business
- Rise In Nation's Inflation Rate - A Symptom For Software Project Failure
- Eight Principles of Successful Non-Profit Web Projects
- The Einstein Factor in Leading Science Based Projects
- The Value of Monitoring and Evaluation of ICT Projects in Ghana
- Dealing With 'Scope Creep' in Software Development Projects
- Green Service Projects - 20 Service Project Ideas That Help the Planet
- Resolving Sub-Prime Mortgage Crisis Using Project Management Principles
- 8 Early Signs for Software Project Failure
- E-commerce Solutions - Joomla Development
- How to Find a Good Web Designer - Developer
- Acquire Project Management Skills
- How to Handle Problems in Your Web Site Development
- Choosing a Web Development Supplier
- Custom Web Applications Development
High-impact projects to be developed in Terengganu under 12MP have 495 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.