GEORGE TOWN (Oct 13): Factory automation solutions provider Greatech Technology Bhd's new RM51 million factory in Batu Kawan reflects the group’s clear commitment to its roots in Penang and supports job growth in the northern region of Malaysia.
Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow said Greatech's presence in the technology arena has grown over the years since the company first started in 1997, and the company has helped to draw foreign businesses and investments into the country.
"I am confident that their engagements with foreign markets will benefit the nation, especially when our people can utilise technology sharing and exposure on international platforms," he said in his speech at the factory's virtual groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Greatech chief executive officer Datuk Tan Eng Kee said the expansion is aimed at securing a promising economic future for the group's business, employees, stakeholders and the surrounding community.
The 265,000 square feet (sq ft) factory, to be built on approximately 2.83 hectares of land in Batu Kawan, will accommodate up to 500 employees.
It is strategically located near Greatech's two new manufacturing facilities in Batu Kawan as well as the group's corporate headquarters in Bayan Lepas, Penang.
Tan said construction of the factory is expected to be completed by April 2022 and ready for occupancy in May 2022.
"By mid-2022, the group's building capacity will see a sizeable increase to 1.1 million sq ft with 1,200 manpower capacity to exploit better opportunities with existing and new customers," he added.
- Aston Martin launches first car made in St Athan factory
- HORASIS Binh Duong 2019 – opportunity for sharing and co-operation
- Bowlero Corp Signs Lease For New Bowling Entertainment Center
- 'They have it all': Donald Trump taps Apple to help build U.S. 5G mobile network in sudden intervention after its CEO Tim Cook showed him expanded factory in Austin, Texas
- Billionaire vacuum inventor Sir James Dyson loses battle for private runway at company airfield where he could fly in from his new Singapore headquarters
- Tesla Shares Soar 21 Per Cent As Surprise Profit Answers Sceptics
- Berger Paints explains industrial dispute, assures NSE, shareholders
- Difficult News
- Trump approaches 100-day milestone, but what progress has he made on his agenda?
- Apple removes Hong Kong map app after criticism from Chinese newspaper
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s swipe at Puerto Rico, G-7 comments
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 21
- What really happened to MH370? All the theories about doomed plane's final flight
- Bosch captures growth momentum as region embraces connected solutions
- In one corner of U.S., trade wars aren't that "easy to win"
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 23
- Justin Davidson: Preserving the Brooklyn Navy Yard Isn’t Just About Restoring the Buildings
- Samsung's plan to outsource phone production may help in fending off rivals
- Slowdown in UK manufacturing as weak pound raises costs
- The Current State of Smart Locks
Greatech expands operations in Penang with new RM51m factory have 466 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.