BENGALURU (Oct 13): WCG Clinical Inc, a clinical trial solutions company backed by Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC, on Wednesday filed to withdraw its initial public offering, joining a list of companies that pulled the plug on their offerings in recent weeks.
The company did not give a reason for the withdrawal in its paperwork with the US securities regulator, but adverse market conditions have forced exercise equipment maker iFIT Health & Fitness Inc, AEON Biopharma and others to abandon their IPO plans recently.
Inflation concerns and worries surrounding cash-strapped property developer China Evergrande Group have spooked investors and fueled wild gyrations in global equities in recent weeks.
On Wednesday, data from the Labor Department showed US consumer prices increased solidly in September and are set to rise further in the coming months.
However, despite some hiccups, the market for IPOs remains robust, with a slew of high profile companies like Amazon.com backed electric vehicle maker Rivian and chipmaker GlobalFoundries lined up for stock market listings by the end of the year.
In a filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission in July, WCG Clinical had said it would target a valuation of up to US$6.45 billion in its share offering.
Buyout firm Leonard Green & Partners LP is also an investor in the Princeton, New Jersey-based company.
- SoftBank-backed Vir Biotechnology's shares tumble in market debut
- One Medical, the health clinic chain backed by Alphabet, has hired banks ahead of an IPO
- Gates-backed Vir Biotechnology drops almost 25% in trading debut
- Business Breakfast LIVE: Back my Brexit deal or risk more division, says May
- Mississippi will back Sprint, T-Mobile merger and drop court challenge
- Edited Transcript of ATNX earnings conference call or presentation 7-Aug-19 12:00pm GMT
- The 2018 Wales Tech list
- 'Qatar's Announcement is Dripping With Irony'
- BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 10
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by ExxonMobil: One last trip — Numbers game continues — Boris’ bumper payout
- Edited Transcript of TH.TO earnings conference call or presentation 8-Oct-19 12:30pm GMT
- Hull Live: Breaking news from Hull and East Yorkshire on December 10
- The Latest: UN chief urges 'maximum restraint' in NE Syria
- Users of this mobile network could be first to have 5G in Cov
- UK Budget Announcement 2018 LIVE: What it means for you
- Government faces legal challenge over voter ID checks at local elections
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by London City Airport: Britain on the brink — Pizza the action — Worlds collide in Ireland
- 'Horror' in Kenneth O'Brien case should not determine verdict, jury told
- Doubt over funding for major research project sparks concern among Norfolk farmers
- Ruaidhri O'Connor: What changed after Joe Schmidt's 'year zero'
GIC-backed clinical trial firm WCG withdraws US IPO plans have 418 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.