REMEMBERING A cemetery in Pasay City on Monday receives visitors paying respects to their departed relatives. Public cemeteries and private memorial gardens all over the country will be closed during the traditional "Undas" (All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day) to avoid mass gatherings and as a precaution against the spread of COVID-19. —MARIANNE BERMUDEZ
MANILA, Philippines — All cemeteries in the country will be closed from October 29 to November 2, 2021, to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission during "Undas," (All Souls' Day) Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said Wednesday.
In a briefing with President Rodrigo Duterte aired on Wednesday early morning, Año said the government's pandemic task force has passed a resolution that issued guidelines for the celebration of this year's "Undas" amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
He said the public may visit cemeteries, memorial parks, and columbaria before October 29 or after November 2.
Visitors must be limited to 10 persons per group, and the venue must only allow 30% capacity.
However, Año said this can be raised to 50% if the local government unit authorizes it.
Visitors must strictly abide by minimum public health standards to prevent COVID-19 transmission.
This will be enforced by the Philippine National Police, local government units, down to the barangay officers, Año added.
He said LGUs must also pass ordinances or executive orders to implement measures during Undas. #\
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
- Smart City Week 2012 slated for Oct 29-Nov 2
- Oct. 27-Nov. 3: Vietnam, India agree to promote strategic partnership
- EVENTS FROM OCTOBER 29 TO NOVEMBER 4
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR NOV. 15-30 (daily updated)
- Highlights for the week 13-18 Oct.
- Hanoians compete for purchasing land at cemeteries
- Breakfast @ Tuoitrenews – Nov.01
- Court sentences cemetery disorder culprits
- 2016-2021 Government faces huge tasks ahead
- Sep 28-Oct 4: President visits Cuba
- VP debate tees up closing issues for Romney, Obama
- Vietnam construction firm eyes $29.7 mln IPO
- Vietnam to host 10th ASEAN skills competition in Oct
- Asteroid to pass extremely close by Earth on Monday
- Germany to close all nuclear plants by 2022
- HCM City instructed to finalize work-hour changing plan before Nov. 20
- National Assembly's 10th Session Closes
- Social News 29/7
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 29/1
- GOVERNMENT IN BRIEF 29/7
Cemeteries closed on Oct. 29 to Nov. 2 for Undas 2021 have 355 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.