BT Money Hacks Ep 105: Make money while doing good with ESG investing
Synopsis: Every first and third Monday of the month, The Business Times breaks down useful financial tips.
In this 105th episode of Money Hacks, BT correspondent Howie Lim speaks to Koh Hwee Joo, senior director, Sustainability Office at UOB Asset Management, about how doing good doesn't mean sacrificing returns these days with ESG investing. This episode is brought to you by UOBAM .
Highlights of the conversation:
Why investors should consider 'profit with purpose' portfolios (1:10)
What makes it sustainable investing and how to get started (3:09)
Combating naysayers' claims that financial concerns are a secondary consideration after investors' moral values (5:43)
Singapore’s ESG fund scene and how accessible it is to investors now (7:42)
Call for greater transparent measurement and disclosure of sustainability performance (9:34)
Recognising greenwashing and metrics used to assess ESG factors (10:42)
Getting the sceptical and unaware to be more involved in 'profit with purpose' investing: the proof in the pudding (11:58)
Produced by: Howie Lim ( [email protected] ), Ernest Luis and Lee Kim Siang
Edited by: Howie Lim and Hadyu Rahim
Follow BT Money Hacks podcasts every first and third Monday of the month, and rate us on:
Apple Podcasts: http://bt.sg/oeXe
Google podcasts: http://bt.sg/oeGP
Feedback to: [email protected]
Do note: All analyses, opinions, recommendations and other information in this podcast are for your general information only. You should not rely on them in making any decision. Please consult a fully qualified financial adviser or professional expert for independent advice and verification. To the fullest extent permitted by law, SPH Media shall not be liable for any loss arising from the use of or reliance on any analyses, opinions, recommendations and other information in this podcast. SPH Media accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever that may result or arise from the products, services or information of any third parties.
- How your washing machine is costing you money and what you can do to save cash
- Martin Lewis shares 15 tips to make your next Ikea trip totally fuss-free
- What is pension credit and how do I claim a free TV licence?
- D-Street Talk podcast | Nikhil Kamath of Zerodha says new investors moving away from MFs due to poor returns
- Website where middle-class girls sell their bodies: 'OnlyFans' lets young women make a small fortune by posting pornographic videos for subscribers. They boast they're in charge and it's their choice... but do they know the real cost?
- Save £5,200 to pay for next year’s holiday with the 52-week money saving challenge
- Thorpe Park Resort: How to beat the queues for rides and make the most of your day
- Woman bags entire £30 food shop for just £3 using clever Morrisons hack
- AC Podcast 484: Adobe's universal camera; OnePlus Nord, Note 20 Ultra leaks
- More than 1m 'forgotten homes' in UK do not get fast enough broadband
- Tidy up your fridge and save money in the process with tips from pro organiser Sue Spencer
- Martin Lewis's quick car insurance hack could save you £500
- Here are some amazing tricks you can do with a simple ice cube tray
- Redundancy during coronavirus: what are my rights and what should I do with my money?
- What you can do if you do get made redundant - the three key things to get right
- Is BT down? How to check the status in your area
- BT/EE can’t bid for more 4G spectrum, says Ofcom—but Three ain’t happy
- Barack, Michelle Obama reflect on how they used elite education and access to help empower their communities in podcast
- Florida teen accused of masterminding Twitter hack that hit Biden, Musk
- 'You thought I was your meal ticket!' Barack Obama pokes fun at Michelle as she interviews him for her new podcast in which they discuss their early years, quarantining together and George Floyd
BT Money Hacks Podcast: Make money while doing good with ESG investing have 663 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.