SAN FRANCISCO (Oct 18): Analysts expect Apple Inc to unveil new Mac laptop computers with more powerful processor chips at an event that will be streamed later Monday.
Bloomberg has previously reported that Apple plans to release two new MacBook Pro models with 14-inch and 16-inch screens. The Cupertino, California-based company introduced some new laptop models last year that for the first time used its “Apple Silicon” chips, which it said would be phased into the company’s desktop and laptop lineup over the course of two years.
Before Monday, Apple’s most powerful laptops still relied on chips from Intel Corp. The company has already placed a first generation in-house-designed M1 chip into some MacBooks as well as its Mac Mini and iMac desktop machines, but the new larger MacBook Pro models are expected to feature a second, more powerful generation of the company’s chip.
The new chip, along with a general rise in laptop sales as employees and students stocked up on tech hardware to work and learn from home, prompted a boom in Mac sales during the pandemic. Revenue rose 11% to US$28.6 billion in Apple’s fiscal 2020, even as iPhone revenue declined 3%.
The expected MacBook Pro introduction comes weeks after Apple overhauled its iPhone, Apple Watch and iPad lineup.
Some analysts believe Apple on Monday will also update its AirPods wireless ear buds, though rumours of an update have circulated ahead of other Apple events this year without coming to pass. Add-on devices like AirPods tend to be large sellers during holiday shopping seasons and have become one of Apple’s fastest-growing categories, with its home and accessories segment growing 25% to US$30.6 billion in Apple’s fiscal 2020.
- What to expect from Apple’s fall 2021 event: iPhone 13, iPad mini 6, and a new Mac mini?
- Mac mini With M1X Chip to Launch in the ‘Next Several Months’, iPhone 13 Unlikely to Feature Touch ID: Report
- Apple Breakfast: Pre-event rumours go wild
- What's Coming From Apple in 2016: Apple Watch 2, iPhone 6c, iPhone 7, Skylake MacBooks, and More
- Mini-LED iPad Pro, New MacBook Pro Models, AirTags & More: What Apple Has in Store for 2021
- iPhone 13 could be coming soon for Apple's next 2021 event. Here's what we expect
- Apple event 2021: The iPhone 13 is coming soon. Here's everything else we expect and when
- Price hike coming for new iPhones, iPads and MacBooks
- Apple's iPhone 13, new Apple Watch on tap for virtual launch on Sept. 14
- iPhone 13 launch is happening Sept. 14 at the biggest Apple event of 2021
- Apple's Sept. 14 event: Here's what we expect to see, from iPhone 13 to Apple Watch 7
- Apple Watch 7 rumors: Will the new smartwatch debut with the iPhone 13?
- Apple patents sub-display fingerprint recognition technology based on acoustic imaging
- Apple announces new 10.5-inch iPad Pro with narrower side bezels, 120Hz refresh rate display
- iPhone 13 rumors: Apple's 2021 iPhone could be more expensive than we thought
- Adam's wishlist for Apple's fall product blowout
- iPhone 13 launch happens Sept. 14 at the biggest Apple event of 2021
- iPhone 13 Launch: Apple Sends Invite for September 14 'California Streaming' Event, Here's What to Expect
- Top Stories: iPhone 13 Nears Launch, Larger Apple Watch?, MacBook Pro and Mac Mini Rumors
- Google is reportedly working on custom ARM-based chips for Chromebooks
Apple expected to unveil new Macs with more powerful chips have 515 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.