WASHINGTON (Sept 15): The White House on Wednesday said there was an ongoing discussion with Chinese leaders about future engagement by President Joe Biden and Chinese President Xi Jinping.
Biden on Tuesday denied a media report that his Chinese counterpart had turned down an offer from Biden for a face-to-face meeting during their phone call last week.
White House press secretary Jen Psaki said the two leaders had discussed how to continue their communications, but the initial report was not accurate. “What’s accurate is there is an ongoing discussion with the Chinese leaders about what the next step should be about engagement on a leader-to-leader level.”.
- Mnuchin, Lighthizer heading China for more trade talks, White House says
- White House reports progress in China trade talks
- Exclusive: Biden to run for White House, says Dem lawmaker
- White House believes big US-China trade deal could rocket Dow 2,000 points; Investors say devil is in the details
- State of the Union Will Have Unifying Tone, White House Says
- Trump to meet with South Korea’s Moon in April, White House says
- Trump to host Egyptian president Sissi at White House
- Trump says 'granddaddy' US-China trade pact could be done in 'weeks'
- Top US and Chinese trade negotiators will face off at the White House
- White House near 'finish line' on China deal, Hassett says
- 39 outrageous lines from Donald Trump's wild, impromptu, news conference on the White House lawn
- 29 outrageous lines from Donald Trump's wild, impromptu, news conference on the White House lawn
- Maher: GOP ‘Don't Like the Idea of a Black Family Eating Off the White House China’
- White House yanks press pass from CNN's Acosta
- White House lawyers laying groundwork for defense of border emergency declaration
- White House lawyers preps to defend border emergency declaration
- California senators will try to block White House judicial nominees for the 9th Circuit
- White House's Kudlow says 'no cancellation' of US-China trade meeting
- Trump says he called Chinese President Xi a 'king' to his face
- White House, corporate America flood Congress in USMCA push
White House says ongoing discussion with China on Biden, Xi engagement have 323 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.