Datuk Seri Dr Wee Ka Siong (The Edge filepix by Suhaimi Yusuf)
KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 27): Transport Minister Datuk Seri Dr Wee Ka Siong has denied allegations that the Road Transport Department (RTD) has imposed new paint rules requiring school bus bumpers to be painted in blue for inspection at the Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centre (Puspakom).
In a posting on his Facebook page on Monday night, he also shared a statement by the department and Puspakom regarding the allegation made by Bagan Member of Parliament Lim Guan Eng on Sunday (Sept 26).
The rules regarding the colour and marking on all school buses are still in force and no changes have been made by RTD, in accordance with the rules under the School Bus (Colours and Marks) Rules 1987.
"Under the rules, all school buses in operation must be painted in amber while the wordings ‘Bas Sekolah' must be painted in black," according to the posting.
In fact, Wee pointed out that the "new rules" were never issued to any school bus operators in the country.
On Sunday, Lim had posted on his Facebook page that school bus owners had complained to him about the new ruling by the Transport Ministry and Puspakom, which required them to paint the bumpers of their vehicles in blue, thus, causing them to incur additional modification costs.
Wee said that Lim was just making up stories without providing any solid evidence and asked Lim to stop slandering others for political gain.
The RTD and Puspakom, in the same statement, also advised all parties to get accurate and verified information from through government agencies before disseminating them via social media.
- The Greatest Dancer's Todrick Hall forced to deny claims of sexual harassment
- EXCLUSIVE: 'See how many people believe you.' Listen as Amber Heard scoffs at Johnny Depp for claiming he's a domestic violence victim, suggesting court would take her side because she's a slender woman in explosive audio
- Boris Johnson called Nicola Sturgeon 'that bloody Wee Jimmy Krankie woman' and said she would have a role in the Glasgow climate conference 'over my f***ing dead body'
- Pictured: Prince Andrew's on Bahamas visit to SECOND tycoon facing child sex claims - Duke and family stayed with Peter Nygard who is accused of raping teenagers and plying them with wine and drugs
- Police driver who sped at 120mph with blue lights and sirens on so he could get to his son's college meeting on time is cleared of speeding charges
- Moment Florida deputy threatens to SHOOT a student, 17, for trying to leave school to get to an orthodontist appointment
- InfoWars' Alex Jones Claims Defamation Over Sandy Hook Parents' Lawsuits: 'It's Like I've Murdered the Children'
- Why would anyone want to deface a painting?
- Croydon tram crash: Recap after seven dead and driver arrested amid claims he 'blacked out at controls'
- Asteroid that killed the dinosaurs and nearly wiped out all life on Earth was good for bacteria and caused it to flourish, study claims
- Iowa Democratic results will not be known for HOURS as fiasco deepens with party admitting they have 'inconsistencies' in the count and are using paper ballots after denying they were HACKED
- Banksy's latest mural is covered in protective plastic after a (very artful) vandal daubed the festive reindeer with red noses, days after he painted them on a Birmingham wall
- Caprice Bourret EXCLUSIVE: Model is 'deeply disgusted' by ex-Dancing On Ice partner Hamish Gaman as she sensationally QUITS show... while ITV are forced to refute bullying claims
- 'They said it would NEVER happen again': Flood-hit Yorkshire locals rage as 400 homes and businesses are submerged by water and SEWAGE after 'absolute joke' £30m defences fail for second time in five years
- Is Donald Trump’s pen mightier than his sword?
- Green River and the Birth of Seattle Grunge: The Oral History
- Want to join the WWE? Listen to The Great Khali
- Did Ku Klux Klan Murder 29 Children and Let Innocent Black Man Take the Fall?
- Ghislaine Maxwell told prosecutors Jeffrey Epstein was a ‘kind, loving man with a ready smile’ after sex abuse arrest
- NYPD cop charged in son's death called him 'a piece of s**t' in text exchange, and said 'I've been through more stressful things than this' when he was told the eight-year-old was dead as the boy's mom breaks down outside court
Wee denies claims that school bus bumpers must be painted in blue have 712 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.