The Las Vegas Raiders added veteran linebacker K.J. Wright to the 2021 roster. Wright, a former Seattle Seahawks star, agreed to a one-year contract with the Raiders, according to NFL insider Josina Anderson . After a decade in Seattle, Wright brings a wealth of production and experience to Las Vegas.
Wright was a fourth-round pick by the Seahawks in the 2011 NFL Draft, and he quickly became a key piece in the middle of some dominant defenses. Wright helped lead Seattle to Super Bowl XLVIII, where the Seahawks blew out the Denver Broncos. Wright also earned Pro Bowl honors in 2016.
In his decade of NFL service, Wright has piled up some impressive numbers. Wright has totaled 941 tackles, 66 tackles for loss, 13.5 sacks, and six interceptions to this point in his career. He will be asked to provide some linebacker depth for the Raiders' defense.
When it came to free agency this offseason, Wright made it abundantly clear that he wasn't going to take less money to stay with the Seahawks . The linebacker wanted to be paid after helping the franchise reach the peak of professional football.
"I do way too much on the football field to take a discount," Wright said. "It makes absolutely no sense. If you want to win all these championships and look good on Sundays, you’ve got to compensate your guys that are making plays. … I have a family and I’m trying to set up long, long-term success for my family."
Wright isn't the only linebacker Las Vegas has added recently. The Raiders also traded for Denzel Perryman , the former Carolina Panther. Raiders defensive coordinator Gus Bradley was asked about what Perryman brings to the table, and Bradly complimented his intangibles.
"Denzel, we have a lot of history with him just from our time back with the Chargers," Bradley said, via Pro Football Talk . "So he's a very good leader, very good pro. He brings some explosiveness to us. He's got very good instincts. He understands the package and what is asked of him.
"So we just need to create some more depth there because of some of the situations we've been in. So healthy and coming back in and able to play, he'll be a good addition. I think he'll fit in well with that group, too.”
- Hunter Renfrow signs two-year contract extension with Las Vegas Raiders, per report
- Dana White responds after WWE shift Money In The Bank PPV from stadium to arena in Las Vegas on same day as UFC 276
- Raiders' Hunter Renfrow lands contract extension to remain in Las Vegas beyond 2022
- Real Madrid, Barcelona to Meet in Las Vegas During US tour
- Jack Grealish parties in Las Vegas pool with big Premier League rival – can you spot who it is?
- Neymar plays in World Series of Poker but lasts less than one day in high-stakes Las Vegas tournament
- Elvis Presley’s wild Las Vegas years: From hair dye on walls to moment it all went wrong
- Two women found dead with gunshot wounds in room at Palms Casino in Las Vegas
- Glamorous Las Vegas Grand Prix can be true test of Formula 1's American dream
- Elvis Presley’s CRAZY hours in Las Vegas: You won't believe how much he fit into each day
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson checks out Khloe Kardashian's wax figure at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas ... and she reacts on Instagram
- Cristiano Ronaldo: US judge dismisses Las Vegas rape lawsuit
- I was partying in Las Vegas on a wild stag do when Man Utd star Jesse Lingard joined in and splashed out on champagne
- England star Jack Grealish leaves club with brunette beauty after a wild night out in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Xfinity race results, driver points - NBC Sports
- Cause of death of schoolboy found dead in Las Vegas suitcase is shared by authorities
- Paige VanZant and hubby Austin Vanderford hit the town and pool in Las Vegas after ex-UFC star makes wrestling debut
- This astounding state park near Las Vegas looks like Joshua Tree ate acid and went to hell
- Judge dismisses rape lawsuit against Cristiano Ronaldo in Las Vegas
- Elvis impersonators could be banned from Las Vegas wedding chapels
Report: K.J. Wright signs with Las Vegas Raiders have 726 words, post on 247sports.com at September 2, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.