PORT DICKSON (Sept 17): Negeri Sembilan is expected to transition to Phase Four of the National Recovery Plan (PPN) within a week, said Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun.
He said it was due to the state having achieved a herd immunity level with more than 90% of individuals completing their vaccination as of yesterday, although several things needed looking into including the number of daily Covid-19 positive cases which should show a steady decline.
“We now only record 170 to 200 Covid-19 cases a day, if we follow the calculation, we are eligible to move to Phase Four, and we were asked to monitor for another week.
“Last week we did reach the target but we were asked to monitor for another week because states that have changed phases recorded increase in cases, which is the concern so we had to postpone it,” he told reporters after the tax assessment lucky draw of the Port Dickson Municipal Council here today.
Meanwhile, he said the state’s transition from Phase Two to Phase Three from Sept 4 had given space and opportunities to various sectors such as the economy, industry and tourism, especially in Port Dickson, with strict compliance with SOPs.
"We are also targeting other tourist destinations to be allowed to operate when the locality vaccination rate reaches 80%. Therefore, I am confident that Port Dickson will also be open for a little while longer for foreign tourists, with various upgrades and tourism development projects implemented involving an allocation of more than RM2.5 million," he said.
He said the statistics of tourist arrivals to the state last year recorded a decrease following Covid-19, which was only one million visitors compared to 2019 with more than 6 million when Port Dickson accounted for 70% of the tourist arrivals.
“This means that only 627,000 individuals came to Port Dickson last year when the Movement Control Order was enforced from March 18 and we hope tourist arrivals to Negeri Sembilan, especially to this district next year, will increase by 50%,” he said.
- Trump admits he has copy of the Khashoggi execution audio but doesn't want to listen to it, as he says CIA claims Saudi Crown Prince had journalist killed are 'very premature'
- China says it will strive to reach 'phase one' trade deal with U.S.
- China Says It Will Try Hard to Reach 'Phase One' of Trade Deal with US, Invites Negotiators for Talks in Beijing
- Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Is Part of Marvel Phase 4
- China says tariffs will come down if trade deal reached with U.S.
- Trump says China isn't 'stepping up,' and trade talks show signs of languishing
- China's Xi says he wants to work out initial trade deal with U.S
- S&P 500 snaps 6-week string of gains even as stocks rise
- Beijing tariff demands may expand U.S.-China 'phase one' trade deal significantly
- Beijing tariff demands may expand US-China 'phase one' trade deal significantly
- Report: ‘Phase One’ Trade Deal Could Slide Into Next Year
- China's Xi says he wants to work out initial trade deal with U.S.
- China's President Xi Jinping says he wants to work out initial trade deal with US
- China's Xi says Beijing wants trade deal, can 'fight back'
- Asian Paints, Can Fin Homes among 10 stocks that analysts say can deliver decent returns in 2-3 weeks
- Moneycontrol Pro Picks of the Week: Waiting for Trump and Xi
- 'Pushed hard to have Apple build in USA!' Trump takes credit as iPhone maker breaks ground on $1billion, 133-acre campus in Austin that is expected to employ 15,000 workers
- Tata Motors, SBI, HDFC among 10 stock ideas that analysts say should deliver good returns in weeks
- Democrats' make-or-break week of impeachment hearings kicks off, as contradictions surface in testimony
- Trade friction, oil drive European shares to worst day in six weeks
N.Sembilan expected to move to Phase Four of PPN within a week, says MB have 615 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.