MELAKA (Sept 17): The Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry (KPDNHEP) has issued notices to 13 chicken traders in the state for raising the selling price from Sept 11 until yesterday.
Melaka KPDNHEP director, Norena Jaafar said following the action taken under Section 21 of the Price Control Act and Anti-Profiteering Act 2011, a majority of the traders have reduced the price to RM9.50 per kilogramme or lower.
"The reduction in price is guided by the price offered by breeders to wholesalers and eventually retailers under Op Rantai 7.0 since Sept 8.
"Checks on chicken feed prices were done on producers, manufacturers, producers and also importers in Melaka to identify the source of the chicken price hike," she said in a statement here today,
The media recently reported that the hike in chicken prices in markets nationwide, including Melaka, was due to the rise in production costs incurred by farmers.
In another development, she said Melaka KPDNHEP had conducted 24,279 inspections on business premises involving retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers or farmers from Jan 1 until yesterday.
She said for the same period, some 224 cases were recorded, involving RM85,353.95 worth of confiscated goods for various offences.
"We also received 540 official complaints which were mostly about pricing. We also issued compounds totalling RM211,750.
“KPDNHEP Melaka wishes to remind all traders to obey the rules and laws to ensure the sustainability of trade in the state because we are constantly monitoring to ensure no offences are committed," she said.
She also said consumers can be eyes and ears of the KPDNHEP by reporting trade-related violations as well as consumerism issues.
For inquiries and complaints, consumers can contact the Enforcement Command Centre (ECC) of the Melaka KPDNHEP at 06-2345869 opened daily from 8am to 6pm, or via WhatsApp at 019-2794317.
- Reduced prices for essential commodities from Sunday
- Shikarpur DC reduces price of essential commodities for Ramazan
- Slight changes in Ramadan goods prices compared to last year
- MoCI should stay alert against greedy traders in Ramadan: MP
- KCCI seeks action against profiteers, hoarders
- Prices of gold, silver dwindled during the week at bullion market
- Is oil price hitting $100 an advantage?
- How traders are looking to improve fortunes at Newport Market
- Call to action for cage-free farming in California
- What Trump’s decision on Iran nuclear deal means for oil prices
- Undercover footage of goats being mutilated at farms prompts clothes retailers to stop selling mohair products
- Crude prices rise despite Saudi pledge to ‘mitigate’ effect of U.S. sanctions on Iranian exports
- Kerala: Ordinance to fix price of bottled water at Rs 13
- Malawi's Cement prices increase raise eyebrows
- Trump’s ‘America First’ agenda on drug pricing could backfire around the world
- Teachers at a D.C. school say seniors’ absences were erased, prompting investigation
- I tried a science-backed eating plan tied to a better memory and longer life — and never felt like I was 'dieting'
- Southern Africa: Governments' Extradition Inaction Sees Suspects Walk Free
- Performance roundup and the structure of a winning game
- Namibia: Mbumba Cautions On Fake News
Melaka chicken traders reduce price after prompt action by KPDNHEP have 485 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.