Lucky Brand premium denim launched a new collaboration with Código 1530, a fifth generation tequila maker. The two brands are rich in history and have created heritage products that echo this theme. When asked about the inspiration for the collaboration, Jimmy Carter, vice president of merchandising for Lucky Brand, stated, "The collaboration came together very organically and it is the first multi-season partnership for the brand. We were inspired by Código 1530's passion and the imagery in their archives that spoke to the heritage of the brand, both highlighting the history of tequila production and the premium artisanal approach that separates Código 1530 from the rest of the market."
Two heritage brands come together
Lucky Brand was founded over 30 years ago as a fashion designer and manufacturer of premium denim jeans in North America. The ethos of the company is the embodiment of the independent spirit and lifestyle of Southern California. Carter discussed how the core customer for the brand comes to it for dynamic new content and collaborations with brands that capture Lucky Brand's original, authentic and irreverent spirit. He stated, "Our collaboration with Código 1530 is a great addition to our stable of partnerships and we're thrilled to share the product with our respective audiences."
Código 1530 tequila is a specialized liquor brand that uses a fifth generation recipe to curate tequilas which were once only available to very private audiences. The recipe comes from a small distillery in Amatitán, Jalisco, a state in Mexico. Through generations the local Amatitán distillation process has never veered away from centuries old codes and customs. The name Código 1530 honors Los Códigos , the old world codes and customs that still live on today in Amatitán. George Strait, the King of Country, is an investor in the company and has been a major influence in bringing the small tequila brand to a larger commercial market.
What customers can expect from the Lucky Brand and Código 1530 collaboration
According to Lucky Brand the capsule collection will include tees featuring vintage imagery and distressed graphics in faded neutrals and earthy tones, classic trucker hats, super soft graphic crewnecks and hoodies, and Lucky's iconic 223 straight jean for men in a pair of custom washes inspired by Código 1530's iconic barrel-aged spirit.
Carter said, "Our graphic design team interpreted that inspiration through color, wash, technique and silhouette to make a collection that uniquely reflected both brands." The launch includes both men’s and women's merchandise. Carter added, "We will be launching additional products with Código 1530 for Spring/Summer 2022, with fresh colors, washes and graphics for both men and women." When asked about future collaborations, Carter explained they are always looking for like-minded brands that authentically connect with Lucky Brand's aesthetic and spirit, so they look forward to extending their track record of exciting partnerships.
Rising out of COVID closures in 2020
Denim has been up-trending this year as more consumers have shifted spending back to clothing and accessories since March of 2021, surpassing even 2019 levels of sales (the most comparable period). In the wake of the COVID pandemic in early 2020, the apparel and accessories industry was hit hard in terms of store closures, resulting in revenues falling 27% for the year ending January 2021. April and May sales in 2020 were particularly challenging for the U.S. market with sales dropping 86% and 62% respectively as compared to 2019.
Last year Lucky Brand filed for bankruptcy in July like many retailers who had a difficult time during the pandemic, when many non-essential businesses closed. Simon Property Group
- Model-Businessman Launches New Vodka Brand Offering the Vintage of France, with the New Tradition of Texas
- 12 ReTech's Lexi-Luu Dancewear Launches New E-Commerce Site with 12 ReTech's Cutting Edge "12 Online Solutions".
- Leading Tech Repair Brand uBreakiFix Opens 30 Stores, Launches New Strategic Partnerships in 2018 Fourth Quarter
- Hudson Global Launches New Era of Investment and Growth
- NEW LUXURY BRAND LAUNCHES UNIQUE LINE OF FASHION RAIN PRODUCTS
- Command Alkon Launches New Websites Across Latin American Markets to Enhance the User Experience
- Midamar Corporation launches new e-commerce website
- NetSPI Launches New Vulnerability Management and Orchestration Platform
- Adastra Corp. launches new offices in Toronto, Detroit and Bangkok, unveils innovation hub for intrapreneurship
- SITO Mobile Launches New Strategic Advisory Group To Deliver ROI
- Alumna sizes up fashion market, launching new line of size-inclusive clothing
- Reed Foehl Feels Lucky on His New Album
- LEADING VACATION RENTAL COMPANY LAUNCHES NEW SITE
- Atlanta Launches New Career Apprenticeship Program for Human Trafficking Survivors
- Saint Joe Launches New Fundraising Campaign
- MOONFLOWER DELIVERY (LUMALIGN, LLC), LAUNCHING NEW CANNABIS DELIVERY IN THE NORTH BAY
- Hello Kitty fans meowing over brand's new skin-care line
- CU Boulder launches new $82.5M aerospace hub
- Harvard Business School, SEAS, and FAS Launch New Fellowship for Undergrads
- Maunakea Observatories launches new website
Lucky Brand Launches New Collaboration With Código 1530 have 848 words, post on www.forbes.com at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.