Disinfection work being carried out by Anytime Fitness Putrajaya workers on Friday, Sept 10, 2021, in accordance with the standard operating procedures (SOP) set by the government to ensure the safety of visitors against the outbreak of Covid-19. (Photo by Shahrill Basri/The Edge filepix)
KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 17): All gymnasiums, with the exception of those in states that are still under Phase One of the National Recovery Plan (PPN), are allowed to resume operations, but the facilities are only open to fully vaccinated individuals.
The information was included in an update of the standard operating procedures (SOP) issued by the National Security Council (MKN) which was uploaded on MKN official telegram.
Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Faizal Azumu in sharing the news on Twitter, reminded all parties to adhere to the standard operating procedures (SOP) set.
"Gyms are now open for business. Please follow the SOPs, especially the ventilation guidelines. Enjoy healthy living!" he said in an MKN infographic sharing which was updated on Friday.
According to the SOP, all indoor sports and recreation facilities are allowed to operate during Phase Two and Three of the PPN at 50% capacity and under close supervision.
Workers attendance should not be more than 60% of the workforce, to include management and operational staff for Phase Two, and 80% for Phase Three.
Only individuals who are fully vaccinated are allowed to use the facilities and they are permitted to bring along their children aged 17 years and below for such activities with strict SOP compliance.
However, the opening of all public outdoor and indoor sports and recreation facilities is subject to the approval of the local authorities (PBT) or the relevant authorities.
Meanwhile, under the Phase Four of the PPN, all commercial sports and recreational facilities are allowed to operate at 100% capacity in terms of customers and staff attendance.
Operating hours are subject to licence conditions, while the operation of public sports and recreation facilities in Phase Four is also subject to the approval of local authorities and the relevant authorities.
As for areas under Phase One of the PPN, all indoor sports and recreational facilities, except gyms and fitness centres, are allowed to operate at 50% capacity under close supervision.
Workers attendance must not exceed 60% of the total management and operational staff.
- Proposal floated to abolish annual company levy, state says no
- Gyms lead 'alternative' property investment amid health boom
- Gym deal under investigation as car park sees £9,000 shortfall
- EXCLUSIVE: Relaxed Tristan Thompson shoots hoops at an LA gym with Seth Curry before episode of KUWTK which shows Khloe learning he cheated with Jordyn Woods
- Hold the 'champagne': What Chinese state media are saying about the trade talks
- Attend a Heavy Equipment Operation School to Enhance Career Prospects
- Spain leads operation to take down Colombian gang
- “Crucial phase” for the future of Luxembourg: Bettel
- The Latest: Turkey says soldier dies from wounds near Manbij
- The Latest: Russia says it won't 'allow' Turkey, Syria clash
- Islamic State relatives flee en masse from Syrian camp: Kurdish-led authority
- The Latest: Australia says Turkey to blame for IS escapes
- Trump announces "phase one" trade deal reached with China
- Majority of sunscreens could flunk proposed FDA standards for safety and efficacy, report to say
- Should eating on public transport be banned? Commuters with medical conditions blast plan to criminalize snacks - but others say they would welcome an end to 'disgusting' habit
- Target raised wages. But some workers say their hours were cut, leaving them struggling
- China says it bought 700,000 tonnes each of pork, sorghum from the US in 2019
- Trump says he will not co-operate with impeachment probe
- Syrian troops enter northeastern town after deal with Kurdish forces: state media
- Turkey says Kurdish forces emptied Islamic State prison in northeast Syria
Gyms back in operation, except for those in Phase One states, says MKN have 606 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.