PUTRAJAYA (Sept 24): The Health Ministry is in talks with a Covid-19 vaccine manufacturer on the procurement of vaccines for children aged 12 and below.
Without naming the company, Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin said the company was making preparations to send relevant data to all regulatory bodies around the world, including Malaysia.
"The MOH will evaluate the data when it is available … they just need some time, maybe next month they will send it to the National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA) so that registration can be made.
“We do not want a situation where adults and adolescents are protected in a pandemic, but children are not," Khairy said in a media conference here today.
He also stressed that MOH’s strategy was no longer to pursue herd immunity but to provide protection to as many people as possible through Covid-19 vaccination.
According to Khairy, the MOH is also taking precautionary measures on the Covid-19 vaccine for children so as not to disrupt the reopening of schools next month.
"So, we will do everything possible to make sure schools are safe for children until they get the Covid-19 vaccine,” he said.
On the MySejahtera application, he said the Malaysian Administrative Modernisation and Planning Unit (MAMPU) will evaluate the work carried out by KPISoft Sdn Bhd, the company that developed the app before determining the amount of payment to be made by the Treasury.
On Tuesday, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri, in a written reply in Parliament, said the government will begin paying KPISoft Sdn Bhd from April 2021 after its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) model expired on March 31 this year.
MySejahtera is an application developed by the Malaysian government to monitor the spread of Covid-19 in the country by enabling users to perform self-health assessments.
- Former CDC director says COVID-19 'immunity passports' for vaccinated Americans could be the solution to getting U.S. 'back to a new normal'
- COVID-19: India may start vaccination in Jan, expect normal life by Oct, says SII's Adar Poonawalla
- India fighting COVID-19 strongly, strategy for vaccine distribution ready, says Govt; check details
- Covid-19 can cause PARALYSIS in children in rare cases because the coronavirus can infect the spinal cord, study finds
- COVID-19 In Pittsburgh: Coronavirus Vaccines Out For Delivery Across The U.S., Expected To Arrive In Pittsburgh Today
- COVID-19: Trump reverses early vaccination plan for White House officials
- COVID-19 In Pennsylvania: Coronavirus Vaccine Months Away For General Public, Dr. Rachel Levine Says
- COVID-19 In Pennsylvania: Coronavirus Vaccine Administration Set To Begin At Pa. Long-Term Care Facilities
- Covid-19: Pfizer, Moderna testing vaccines on new strain
- Judge rules border agents can't use COVID-19 order to expel migrant children
- COVID-19: FG ready for vaccination – Minister
- COVID-19: How will Pfizer vaccine be rolled out to GP surgeries?
- COVID-19: GPs to start vaccinating patients - here's how the jab will be rolled out to surgeries
- Roundup: U.S. continues to see soaring COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations as vaccine campaign underway
- U.S. continues to see soaring COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations as vaccine campaign underway
- Spotlight: U.S. sets new records in key COVID-19 metrics as second vaccine endorsed by FDA experts
- COVID-19 lockdown, #EndSARS protest make children drop out of schools ― Investigation
- Covid-19: BioNTech CEO confident vaccine will work on UK virus variant
- COVID-19: How to get vaccinated
- COVID-19: Staff at mass vaccination centre in Cardiff test positive for coronavirus
Covid-19: MOH to negotiate procurement of vaccines for children have 543 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.