Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid (Photo by Sam Fong/The Edge filepix)
KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 27): The government has been urged to set up a special committee between the federal and state governments to monitor and manage the framework of rural development projects under the 12th Malaysia Plan (12MP).
Rural Development Minister Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid said the move is important to ensure that all allocations under the 12MP could reach the intended targets apart from facilitating related matters that would require the state government's approval.
He said this at a press conference at the Parliament Building on Monday.
Earlier, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob tabled the 12MP (2021-2025), which aims to restore the momentum of economic growth and achieve long-term development goals, as the country faces challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Mahdzir, who is also Padang Terap Member of Parliament, said the emphasis given on the allocations for rural development is timely and in line with the government's Malaysian Family agenda.
Describing the plan as comprehensive, Mahdzir also welcomed all rural-related initiatives highlighted in the plan including the issue of the rural and urban digital divide, housing, the internet, as well as basic infrastructure and facilities.
Meanwhile, Senior Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein pledged commitment to ensure that all of the ministry’s plans under the 12MP can be implemented to the best of its ability.
“InsyaAllah, Mindef will ensure that all plans under #RMK12 can be properly implemented,” he tweeted.
- Islamic Development Bank Freezes Somalia Project
- Norwich to vote on keeping fund for affordable housing projects
- Rural communities find inventive ways to get residents on the road
- Watch our Nov. 12-13 symposium on rural Texas, and include your community in the conversation
- Op-Ed: Ballot Measure 1 Hurts Rural Residents and Rural Communities
- Attend meetings about recreational marijuana, Alewife development plans and urban forestry
- Police Committee concerned by diversion of modernisation budget to fund Consumables
- Golden Minerals Reports Improved Economics in Second PEA for Santa Maria Silver-Gold Project
- Environmental advocates, Russian bathhouse challenge India Basin development
- Ministers endorse continental report on population and development issues in Africa
- Bethel board sets town vote on treatment plant loan
- Edgewater Directors Declare Conditional Special Cash Dividend
- The Real Fight Against Fake News: Project Censored's Top 10 Censored Stories
- New ASU developments will fund Sun Devil Stadium, other facilities
- ‘Solid:’ Republican Brian Kemp plays up rural roots, business bonafides
- Rashida Tlaib set to make history as Detroit's congresswoman
- LePage blocks new wind energy projects, creates secretive commission to study impacts
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Florida primary sets up Trump vs. Sanders battle; Trump reportedly mulled firing Sessions
- Des Moines software consultant brings big-city jobs, paychecks to rural Iowa
- Special Report: Why Poland fell out of step with Europe
12MP: Govt urged to set up special committee to monitor rural development projects have 442 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.