Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein
PUTRAJAYA (Aug 1): Senior Minister of Foreign Affairs (Security) Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein is scheduled to lead the Malaysian delegation to the 54th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (54th AMM) and related meetings from tomorrow (Aug 2) until Aug 7.
The Foreign Ministry today said in a statement that all the meetings via videoconference will be hosted by Brunei Darussalam, in its role as ASEAN chair for 2021.
“At the 54th AMM, ASEAN foreign ministers will discuss the progress of ASEAN Community Building, ASEAN 2021 Priorities and Key Deliverables including the collective and Covid-19 socio-economic recovery strategy.
“Also will be discussed are the implementation of ASEAN Political Security Blueprint 2025, regional and international issues as well as preparations for the 38th and the 39th ASEAN Summits and Related Summits, scheduled to be held back to back in October 2021,” said the statement.
Among the related meetings Hishammuddin is expected to participate in during the 54th AMM are 22nd ASEAN Plus Three (+3) Foreign Ministers’ Meeting, Meeting of the Southeast Asia Nuclear Weapon-Free Zone Commission, 23rd ASEAN Political-Security Community Council Meeting, 29th ASEAN Coordinating Council.
The others are ASEAN-ROK (Republic of Korea) Ministerial Meeting, ASEAN-China Ministerial Meeting, ASEAN-Japan Ministerial Meeting, ASEAN-US Ministerial Meeting, and ASEAN-Australia Ministerial Meeting.
The statement said Malaysia, as country coordinator for ASEAN-Australia Dialogue Relations for 2018-2021, will co-chair the ASEAN-Australia Ministerial Meeting, with Hishammuddin and his Australian counterpart Senator Marise Payne leading the discussion on issues of mutual concern.
“At the end of the meeting, Malaysia will be handing over the country coordinatorship for ASEAN-Australia dialogue relations to Lao PDR (Laos).
“Malaysia will also be taking over the country coordinatorship of ASEAN-Canada dialogue relations from Myanmar following the ASEAN-Canada Ministerial Meeting,” the statement added.
The statement said at the conclusion of the 54th AMM and Related Meetings, Foreign Ministers would adopt several outcome documents, including the 54th AMM Joint Communiqué, which will highlight the outcomes of discussion as well as strategic and important decisions made during the meetings.
- Lavrov to lead Russian delegation at Munich Security Conference – Ministry
- Minister talks down Brexit delay claim
- Pompeo to Take Part in Lima Group Ministerial Meeting on Venezuelan Crisis
- Italy's Salvini Set to Receive on Monday Venezuelan Delegation Sent by Guaido
- Poland pulls out of Visegrad Group meeting in Israel over anti-Semitism row
- Visegrad summit collapses after Israeli minister says Poles collaborated with the Nazis
- UN investigator meets Khashoggi's fiancee in Istanbul
- Belarus' foreign ministry releases foreign policy review 2018
- Erdoğan, Putin meeting in Moscow to focus on post-US Syria
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by Google: Black Monday — Another messy day in Brexit — Trolling Romania
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by Google: Meet Germany’s new boss — Italy vs. France — Competition heats up
- Armenian FM meets with representatives of Estonian IT sector in Tallinn
- UN investigator on Khashoggi arrives in Turkey, meets with FM Çavuşoğlu
- Russian and alternative media denied access to Venezuela meeting in Canada
- Israeli Minister Calls Intra-Palestinian Talks in Russia a Participation Mistake
- Theresa May tells Conservative MPs she won't lead party into next general election
- Prime minister goes to Strasbourg to defend Spanish democracy and law
- The Prime Minister's full speech on the economy
- Italy's Salvini calls Guaido after meeting Venezuela delegation
- Belarus-Germany working group to hold meeting on trade, investment
Hishammuddin to lead Malaysian delegation to ASEAN foreign ministers' meeting from Monday have 525 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.