Including today's cases, the cumulative number of confirmed infections in the country totalled 1.11 million. (Photo by Zahid Izzani Mohd Said/The Edge)
KUALA LUMPUR (July 31): Malaysia reported 17,786 Covid-19 infections on Saturday, a new record high daily figure for the country — up from the previous highest number of 17,405, reported on July 28 (Wednesday).
This is also the fourth time the daily' Covid-19 infections cases surpassed 17,000-level for the past one week — with 17,045 on July 25 (Sunday), 17,405 on July 28 and 17,170 on July 29 (Thursday).
Including today's cases, the cumulative number of confirmed infections in the country totalled 1.11 million, health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said in a twitter post.
Selangor still has the highest number of new cases today at 6,400, followed by Kuala Lumpur (1,962), Kedah (1,389), Johor (1,144), Sabah (1,035), Negeri Sembilan (929), Terengganu (883), Perak (775), Penang (713), Melaka (697), Pahang (653), Kelantan (580), Sarawak (485), Putrajaya (116), Perlis (16) and Labuan (9).
More to come
- Household debt at 'crisis level' as it hits new high of over £15,000
- Mexico's Murder Rate Hits New Highs as Cartels Fragment, Fight for Territory
- Javid condemns ‘despicable’ anti-Semitism as incidents hit new high
- Record-breaking Hockney painting helps Christie's sales hit new high
- Outpatient waiting list hits record high
- Daily Digest: Top news of Thursday, Jan. 31
- Int'l Oil Prices Hit 2019 High Amid Strong Chinese Demand
- Paramedic overtime costs increase to new high – Conservatives
- Judge, 68, disciplined for FALLING ASLEEP while hearing a case in the High Court
- Vanuatu Cricket welcomes New High Performance Manager and National Head Coach
- Number of Turkish asylum seekers in EU countries hits record high
- Strike hits New Year's Eve trains
- Strike to hit New Year's Eve trains
- Scottish unemployment rate hits new low
- Prison safety crisis: Assaults and self-harm hit new record levels
- UK funding on neglected diseases almost doubles in a year, as global health spending hits record high
- Turkey expected to reach 40 million foreign visitors in 2018, a new high
- Measles hits decade high across UK and Europe as ‘antivaxers’ scare parents away from having their children vaccinated
- Palladium Hits Record High, Gold Up as Central Banks Wary Of Dollar
- Measles cases in Europe ‘highest in decade’
Covid-19: Daily cases hit new high of 17,786 on July 31 have 334 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.