MOSCOW (June 18): Daily cases of Covid-19 hit an all-time high in Moscow on Friday, official data showed, as the number of new cases in the Russian capital tripled in two weeks to reach 9,056 amid talk of a third wave.
Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said on Friday he was extending restrictions that he had imposed earlier such as bans on public events with more than 1,000 people, shutting cafes and restaurants at night, and closing football fan zones set up for the European Championship.
Russia, the world’s largest country, on Friday reported 17,262 new Covid-19 cases nationwide, pushing the national infection tally to 5,281,309 since the pandemic began.
The government coronavirus task force confirmed 453 coronavirus-related deaths in the past 24 hours nationwide, taking the death toll to 128,445.
The state statistics agency, which keeps separate figures, has said that Russia recorded around 270,000 deaths related to Covid-19 from April 2020 to April 2021.
- US indexes hit one-month highs as tech stocks rally
- $90K ring hidden by lawyer in fraud case hits the auction block
- Hall of Fame: Curt Schilling's case hit by 'character clause'
- Hate crime reports in Massachusetts hit 10-year high
- Fairview High Wrestling Team hits mats with high expectations for winning season
- U.S. indexes hit one-month highs as Netflix leads tech rally
- Daily Business Report-Dec. 6, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine
- High school swimming: Oklahoma City-area swimmers to watch
- The Strange Case of American Diplomats in Cuba: As the Mystery Deepens, So Do Divisions in Washington
- The Latest: Russian apartment collapse death toll hits 21
- American held in Moscow for spying is also British, Irish
- Russian Military Is Preparing for 'Worst-case Scenario' as Donald Trump Considers Leaving Nuclear Treaty
- Memory of Notre Dame runner Conor Lynch, killed in hit-and-run, honored in Sherman Oaks Park run/walk
- Russia-Ukraine Conflict: Kiev to Send Warships Into Sea of Azov, Denounced as ‘Provocation’ by Moscow
- Daily Business Report-Jan. 28, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Whicker: Case Keenum and Jared Goff have both awakened from their 2016 nightmare
- Daily Business Report-Nov. 19, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daily Business Report-Jan. 18, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Daily Business Report-Jan. 25, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Digging Deeper: Hit-and-run crashes in Rochester
Covid-19 cases hit an all-time daily high in Moscow have 334 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.