London ● Sat, June 19 2021
Stocks were stranded just below record highs on Friday, with investors left looking for direction after digesting the United States Federal Reserve’s more hawkish stance.
The pan-European STOXX index of shares eased 0.19 percent to 458.50 points, barely below Monday’s record high of 460.51.
“I would not expect too much of a change,” Michael Hewson, chief market analyst at CMC Markets, said of the market.
“What has the Fed said that is particularly upsetting in terms of the outlook for interest rates and monetary policy? We are still talking 18 months’ time. It suggests the economy is improving and that is a good thing,” Hewson said.
The MSCI world equity index was off 0.13 percent at 713.97 points after hitting a record high of 722.32 on Tuesday, while Paris and Frankfurt were little changed.
Stocks in L…
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our content on web and app
- No advertising, no interruption
- A bonus subscription to share
- Bookmark and night mode functions on app
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Fading Color of Hang Trong Paintings
- Asian stocks hit 4-month highs
- Fed chief holds court, signals end of stimulus plan
- Stocks climb, not slide, in volatile last hour
- Stocks up for second day
- Stocks rise, euro slips on Greek debt progress
- Asia stocks sink as Europe debt jitters mount
- Stocks cheer steep Fed cut, but lose altitude
- Dow, S&P 500 set record highs after Fed keeps stimulus
- Economic woes persiting into next year: Fed says
- Fed's Yellen says Vietnam avoided severe privatization fallout
- Jittery markets await clarity from the Fed
- European stocks rise as US Fed Reserve meets
- Fed gives mostly high marks in bank stress tests
- Fed seen holding rates steady as growth stumbles
- Asian stock markets jump on Fed's low rates pledge
- US interest rates left unchanged by Federal Reserve
- Asia stocks subdued, dollar wobbles before U.S. jobs data
- Global economy worries prompt Fed to hold rates steady
- Fed decision spurs investor sentiment
As Fed fallout fades, stocks left hanging near highs have 331 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.