advertisement advertisement advertisement I have always related to Wile E. Coyote. Afternoons in front of the TV after school served as a sort of game tape of my time spent hiding at the back of classrooms, dreading the little disasters that seemed to hide around every corner. Regardless of the hours I spent planning and organizing, grinding through my homework, and reading directions that I could never retain, I always knew that no matter how hard I tried, or carefully I planned, there would always be a train in the tunnel or a cliff around the next curve. That little blue bastard was going to get away again. advertisement advertisement As someone with a hidden disability, I've always fallen off that cliff, which is why I love that mangy old coyote. He always got up. He knows the pain of having a goal at the tip of his claws only to have it yanked away at the last minute on a technicality, by someone who made it all just look so damned easy, so "normal." It's exhausting. Even though I'm grown now, I still identify with Wile E. Coyote. I have a learning disability, meaning that I learn differently from… Read full this story
- How is Silicon Valley and the US High Tech Computer Sector Doing?
- Phoenix From the Ashes - Will the Financial Crisis Help Some Silicon Valley Startups?
- Obama's Tax Proposal Shakes Silicon Valley - On a Richter Scale of 1 to 10, "About a 20"
- Dreaming of Southern California - From San Diego to Silicon Valley - So Cal is Beautiful
- Buying Pushchairs - Factors to Consider If You Have a Disability
- Procrastination - It's Like Having a Tenant That Never Pays the Rent!
- How Do You Get Disability in West Virginia?
- The Benefits of Disability Insurance
- Disability Insurance 02 - Disability Covered by Government Pension Plan
- Disability Insurance 17 - Why is Important to Have Disability Income Replacement Insurance
What it’s like having a hidden disability in Silicon Valley have 322 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at April 19, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.