advertisement advertisement advertisement Design and music go hand in hand, and the ties that bind them are deeper than album packaging or gaming soundtracks. Underlying each practice is a unifying creative mindset. One group says observation, another says listening. One says prototyping, another says demoing. Remixing has become the essential building block for both arts in the digital era. And iteration is essential to any great outcome. advertisement advertisement In an episode of the podcast Song Exploder , Wilco founder Jeff Tweedy broke down how he works: "I'll do a vocal melody based just on sounds . . . And I will sit and listen to the first line over and over, and sketch things on my notepad, and try to figure out [lyrics] that have the same syllables, the same meter, until I get something that's satisfying. And then I'll sing it." Words that at first might sound random unpack a greater meaning as a narrative unfolds. Eventually he passes on the demo to the band, but well before the song is completed. This leaves room for further discovery and development. Tweedy's revelation is reminiscent of a famous design duo and their methodical process. Charles and Bernice "Ray" Eames… Read full this story
- Do You Have What it Takes to Innovate?
- The 3 Lies You Were Told About the Master Key System and Charles F. Haanel
- Academic Success - College Student Success Secrets - Make Better College Grades & Be Honor Graduates
- High Ticket Coaching Selling - Revealed - 5 Methods to Breakthrough With High Ticket Coaching
- Assemblage Art - Collage Creativity Amalgamated With Imagination
- Seven Secrets About Breast Cancer
- Helpful Contemporary Coffee Table Decoration Tips
- Revive Lincoln's Monetary Policy - An Open Letter to President Obama
- Practical Modern Dining Furniture Placement Guide
- Five Decades of Contemporary Tables
Charles and Ray Eames were masters of innovation. This was the secret to their creative breakthroughs have 297 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at April 7, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.